The AZ Creative Communities team from Casa Grande invites submissions for a logo design, which will be used to promote the “CG Mosaic Festival.”
The “CG Mosaic Festival” will reflect the vision of the Casa Grande Creative Communities Team to bring creative and interactive art experiences to the community of Casa Grande. The event is scheduled for November 4, 2018, in the Historic Downtown’s Arts and Culture District. A list of the proposed events for the festival is attached.
LOGO DESIGN REQUIREMENTS
- Reflects our mission to bring creative and interactive art experiences to the community
- Suitable for use in a range of outputs (electronic, print) and other uses the Casa Grande Creative Communities Team deems appropriate.
- Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and may include a suggestion of a standard font use to be adopted throughout the Mosaic Festival’s output in both print and digital media
- Due to the requirements for high quality printing and re-sizing, entries must be available in scalable vector graphic format (EPS) as well as jpeg and pdf
- The logo needs to be recognizable when printed as small as 1.5 cm. and as large as 150 cm. The logo should not lose impact or legibility when substantially reduced.
- Logo submissions may not contain copyrighted or proprietary images.
SUBMISSION DETAILS and HOW TO APPLY
Submissions must be made online to Rina Rien at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 31, 2018, 5:00 p.m. and include the below:
- Logo art must be created and submitted by a State of Arizona resident
- Brief explanation of design (250 words max)
- Images (4 max) of proposed design. The limit on attachment sizes for email is 4Mb. JPGs must be at least 300 dpi in density and 1200×1200 dpi of the logo are also requested so that entries can be posted to our website without the need for conversion.
- The Casa Grande Creative Communities Team reserves the right to reject any or all logo submissions, and to extend or cancel the competition at its discretion.
- No more than three entries may be submitted by any one entrant.
- The winner will be invited to participate in the event.
An award of $500.00 for the winning entry will be decided by the Casa Grande Creative Communities Team.
RIGHTS, COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Any and all intellectual property rights in and ownership of the winning submission will be deemed transferred, without any compensation or consideration, to Casa Grande Creative Communities Team at the time of submission. If considered necessary by Casa Grande Creative Communities Team, the winner will be required, and undertakes by virtue of his/her submission, to sign an affidavit of eligibility and transfer to Casa Grande Creative Communities Team the intellectual property rights and ownership of the winning logo entry.
The Casa Grande Creative Communities Team may register the winning logo as a Trademark. Because of this, entrants should take care to ensure their proposals are not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images.
All entry materials become the exclusive property of Casa Grande Creative Communities Team and will not be returned.
The Casa Grande Creative Communities Team may announce the winner through its social media output, blog and/or website. The Casa Grande Creative Communities Team may promote the process of open call and associated activity through its social media output, blog and/or website.
The Casa Grande Creative Communities Team shall have the right to adapt, edit, modify, or otherwise use the winning submission in part or in its entirety in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
ABOUT THE AZ CREATIVE COMMUNITIES INSTITUTE
Casa Grande is one of nine Arizona communities selected to participate in the AZ Creative Communities Institute (AZCCI), a program of the Arizona Commission on the Arts and Arizona State University’s Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts (ASU HIDA), with guidance from Southwest Folklife Alliance. AZ CCI offered small teams composed of diverse members of Arizona communities a unique opportunity to explore the many ways creativity can be put to work for positive community impact. AZCCI teams are members of an active learning network, with opportunities to learn from and with local and national experts, as well as peers from other Arizona cities/towns and neighborhoods.