Who We Are
The Arizona Commission on the Arts is an agency of the State of Arizona whose mission is to create opportunities for all Arizonans to participate in and experience the arts. To that end, we deliver grants and support to cultivate sustainable arts communities and promote statewide public access to arts and cultural activities.
The AZ Youth Arts Council Will…
- Learn about policy to advocate for equal access to the arts for all young people in Arizona
- Advise the Arts Commission on grant programs and initiatives that directly affect young people
- Review issues related to arts and culture programs and services for young people
- Create arts and media projects highlighting the arts in their communities
Benefits Of Being On The Youth Arts Council
- Stipend – All ACA Youth Arts Council Members will be paid
- Engage with young artists and arts professionals from throughout the state
- Build leadership skills
- Build policy knowledge
- Bi-Weekly meetings (every other week) via an online platform
- An annual in person state-wide gathering of AZ Youth Arts Council member
- Mid-September 2019 – Call for applications
- October 24 , 2019 – AZ Youth Arts Council Application Deadline
- November 14, 2019 – Announcement of Council Members
- Early December- AZ Youth Arts Council’s first meeting
- January 2019 – May 2020 – AZ Youth Arts Council bi-weekly meetings
- Summer 2020 – First Annual State-Wide Gathering of AZ Youth Arts Council members
Do you have to be an artist to join the youth council?
No, you do not need to be an artist.
How will this help me in the future?
The AZ Youth Arts Council is a great addition to your resume for college or future jobs. It says that you have skills in public event planning, understand arts and educational policy, and know how to collaborate with peers to achieve a goal.
How often does the council meet?
The council will meet bi-weekly (every other week) via an online platform for 2 hours after school during the week.