The Arizona Commission on the Arts is now accepting applications for 2021 Research & Development (R&D) Grants.
R&D Grants provide funding support to Arizona artists as they work to advance their artistic practice, expand their creative horizons, and deepen the impact of their work.
Who’s it For?
Artists working in any discipline who live and work in Arizona. Whether you’re just getting started or you have already experienced many career successes, the R&D Grant is available to help you take your artistic practice to the next level, including:
- exploration of new techniques
- experimentation with new materials or technologies
- creation of new work
- development of new strategies for engaging your community of practice
The application period for 2021 Research & Development Grants is now open.
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM, Thursday, October 15, 2020.
R&D Grant Information Session
Join the Arts Commission’s Artist programs team for a discussion of the Research & Development Grant, the application and review process, and tips for preparing a competitive application. Can’t make the live presentation? We’ll post a recording the following day for you to watch at your convenience!
Online Information Session
The following information session was recorded on Friday, September 5, 2020.
Grantwriting 101: Communicating Who You Are, What You Do, and Why It Matters
September 25, 2020
5:30 – 6:30 pm
Join a panel of three past R&D Grant recipients for an interactive discussion on crafting a strong proposal narrative. Participants will learn…
- What reviewers are looking for in a grant proposal
- Tips for crafting a compelling narrative
- Successful strategies for communicating effectively about your creative practice and its impact
Grantwriting 101: Identifying Your Communities of Practice and the Impact of Your Work
Friday, October 2, 2020
4:00 – 5:00 pm
A pair of past R&D Grant recipients will share their unique insights in an interactive discussion about communities of practice and the impact an artist’s work can make within them. Participants will learn…
- How to identify your communities of practice
- Tips for describing your community of practice in the R&D Grant application
- How thinking about your contributions to a community of practice can lead to more authentic and ethical engagement
Banner image: Mel “Melo” Dominguez, recipient of a 2019 R&D Grant. Photo by Julius Scholsburg.
Organization/Company: Arizona Commission on the Arts Website: https://azarts.gov/ Location: Arizona Deadline: October 15, 2020 How to Apply: Review grant guidelines and application instructions at https://azarts.gov/grant/artist-research-and-development/