As part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, the National Endowment for the Arts allocated funds for state arts agencies to regrant to arts and culture organizations impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Arizona Commission on the Arts will administer $428,700 in CARES Act funding via the AZ CARES Grant program in support of arts and culture organizations across Arizona.
Eligible applicants are organizations that:
- Received an Arizona Commission on the Arts Community Investment Grant (CIG) in Fiscal Year 2019 or Fiscal Year 2020.
- Incurred or will incur expenses related to salaries, artist fees, contract personnel, or facilities costs during a period of time beginning March 1, 2020, and ending September 1, 2020.
Grant Amounts and Estimated Number of Awards
Grants of $5,000-$7,500 will be awarded.
Based on an estimate of 200 eligible applicants, this program will likely award up to 65 grants. This represents 33% of applications funded, or a 1 in 3 opportunity to receive a grant.
- Application open: Tuesday, May 12, 2020
- Applications due: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 11:59 pm
- Application review: Tuesday, June 2, 2020 to Friday, June 26, 2020
- Grantees notified: Week of July 6, 2020
- Funding Period: July 6, 2020 to September 1, 2020
- Final Report due: Tuesday, December 15, 2020
For more information, please visit https://azarts.gov/grant/azcares/