The Arizona Commission on the Arts invites rural and/or BIPOC arts organizations to participate in a new cohort-based professional development and funding program focused on creative aging.
The Rural and BIPOC Creative Aging Communities Cohort is a program for arts organizations with a serious and committed interest in better serving Arizona’s older adults by strengthening existing programs and/or developing new initiatives. Combining professional development, assets and needs assessments, and customized consultations, the cohort is designed to equip organizations with new frameworks and ideas for developing, expanding, or deepening creative aging efforts. Cohort activities will begin in September 2021 and continue through June 2022.
The Arts Commission is currently accepting applications from rural and/or BIPOC arts organizations based in Arizona, of any budget size and artistic discipline.
For the purposes of this program, rural and BIPOC are defined as follows:
- Rural: Organizations located outside of Phoenix or Tucson metro areas
- BIPOC: Organizations who primarily engage older adults who identify as Black, Indigenous, or People of Color and/or organizations whose primary artistic form is a culturally specific, folk, or traditional art form
Among other benefits, participating organizations will…
- receive professional development and consulting services
- receive education materials, tools and other support
- establish a peer network of other arts organizations committed to serving older adults
- be eligible for a $5,000 stipend to support the implementation of the organization’s proposal developed through the Rural and BIPOC Creative Aging Communities Cohort
We are now accepting applications. The application period will close Monday, July 12, 2021, at 11:59 PM.
For additional information and application instructions, visit https://azarts.gov/grant/rural-bipoc-cacc/.
Leveraging State investment in Creative Aging
This work is generously supported by Aroha Philanthropies and the National Assembly of State Arts Agencies (NASAA) through the Leveraging State Investment in Creative Aging Grant.
Organization/Company: Arizona Commission on the Arts Website: https://azarts.gov Location: Arizona Deadline: July 12, 2021 How to Apply: Apply at https://azarts.gov/grant/rural-bipoc-cacc/