The Arizona Commission on the Arts is now accepting applications for Creative Youth Grants (CYGs). Designed by and for young artists, CYGs support Arizonans, ages 12-19, as they develop new skills or advance their artistic practice outside the traditional school day. This may include paying for lessons, attending a workshop, or paying for supplies and equipment. Individuals can request between $250 and $750 based on eligible expenses.
Step 1: Read the Grant Guidelines
The grant guidelines provide all the information you need to answer questions like…
- Am I eligible for this grant?
- How do I apply?
- How will my application be evaluated?
- What can I spend my grant funds on?
Step 2: Submit an Application
The CYG application has three sections:
- In the application narrative section you will tell us a little about yourself and what the grant would help your artistic practice.
- In the work sample section you will share examples of your art.
- In the budget section you will detail how much you need and how you would spend the grant funds.
Your application must be submitted by 11:59 pm on Friday, April 21, 2023.
Step 3: Wait
After the April 21 due date, AZ Youth Arts Council members will review applications for eligibility and evaluate them based on the following criteria:
- Quality of Proposal
Did you clearly outline your artistic form and how you will spend the grant funds?
- Potential Impact
Did you describe how these funds will impact you as a young artist?
Are the expenses you describe appropriate for the grant?
Applicants will be notified by July 5, 2023, whether they will or won’t receive a grant.
Step 4: Spend!
If your application is awarded funding, you will receive your will receive your money by late summer. You will then have until June 30, 2024 to spend your grant money on eligible expenses!
So what are you waiting for? Applications are due Friday, April 21. Got questions? Reach out to our Director of Arts Learning Elisa Garcia Radcliffe at [email protected].