The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation is seeking a key leader to join our management team as Vice President of Marketing and Communications. You’ll make contributions in the role that further our mission and make an impact by increasing awareness and driving revenue used for public programming and preservation of our internationally treasured, UNESCO-designated historic sites.
The Vice President of Marketing and Communications is responsible for developing best-in-class marketing operations with oversight for marketing campaign execution across target audiences and in support of interdepartmental operations for the Foundation. This role advances institutional objectives via marketing strategies and tactics to keep pace with evolving organizational needs and external market opportunities, and leads with influence in driving increases in visitation, engagement, and revenue generation.
Reporting directly to the President and Chief Executive Officer, this leadership team member plans and oversees all marketing and communications-related functions within the Foundation. This includes the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategy that will serve to define and enhance public perceptions of the Foundation while delivering key institutional messages; increasing awareness of programs, collections, and licensing initiatives; and increasing visitation both onsite at our campuses in Arizona and Wisconsin and via online platforms.
The Vice President of Marketing and Communications imaginatively articulates the mission, vision, and values of the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation to its audiences, both those who are loyal to us and those we want to engage. Our senior leaders inclusive of the individual in this VP position must have a clear understanding of all that the Foundation has to offer, be a passionate advocate for the Foundation’s brand, and be a leader in fostering a clear understanding of the role that every division within this institution must play in helping us to fulfill its promise.
Inspired management is another critical element of this role. Leading a team of professionals, the Vice President of Marketing and Communications has responsibility for guiding the day-to-day operations of the Marketing and Communications department around outward facing and internal staff communications, including the Frank Lloyd Wright Quarterly, social media, public relations, advertising, and email marketing, and effectively coordinating the team’s work with the work of all other departments within the Foundation. Co-creation of marketing and communication initiatives with our internal leaders in Advancement, Public Engagement, Retail, and Licensing is vital to the success of the Foundation and this position.
Specifically, you will…
· Work under the supervision of the President and Chief Executive Officer, in consultation with the Senior Leadership Team, to manage several critical functions within the Foundation: marketing, communications, media relations, digital and social media, and editorial and graphic design. In this capacity, you must demonstrate a nuanced understanding of the Foundation’s mission and core activities and an ability to engage both key constituencies and new audiences. Crisis communication, if needed, also is within the scope of this role. You must also work effectively across the Foundation, coordinating many related communications activities to ensure that they reflect the institution and its core values.
· Shape a broad understanding and acceptance of the value of marketing within the Foundation and foster a culture in which each department is supportive of the Foundation’s marketing goals.
· Have primary responsibility for the overall marketing results for the Foundation, as well as for the planning, creative direction, and implementation of marketing campaigns for the Foundation as a whole, special programs, preservation activities, special events, and new initiatives; and the development of successful strategies for engaging the public through effective press relations and social media strategies.
· Supervise all editorial and graphic design work associated with the Foundation’s award-winning Frank Lloyd Wright Quarterly.
· Direct and support market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data. Identify competitors and benchmarks and evaluate strategies, positioning, and market share to help achieve the Foundation’s goals.
· Oversee the development of a digital communications and engagement strategy and, in cooperation with other departments within the Foundation, its implementation through digital marketing, e-mail and e-newsletter campaigns, social media, and the Foundation’s website.
· Work in concert with other divisions and departments within the Foundation to assess audience and visitor data and develop engagement, resource allocation, and revenue generating strategies based on these.
· Prepare and manage budgets for marketing projects related to individual departments, exhibitions, and initiatives.
· Maintain brand standards and ensure compliance across all internal departments and external channels.
· Identify, retain, and manage the Foundation’s relationship with consultants and vendors who provide marketing and communications-related services.
· Direct and supervise the work of exempt and/or non-exempt staff reports and volunteers.
· Serve as a representative of the Foundation in various professional organizations and events and maintains a strong and effective relationship with curators and scholars in the field, especially those at peer institutions in this country and abroad.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the President and CEO.
NOTE: This position may be based out of either the Foundation’s corporate headquarters at Taliesin West in Scottsdale, Arizona or at its campus at Taliesin in Spring Green, Wisconsin.
About the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation:
The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation is a non-profit cultural organization that inspires people to discover and embrace an architecture for better living through meaningful connections to nature, the arts, and each other. In Wright’s own words, the Foundation’s vision is to “make life more beautiful, the world a better one for living in, and to give reason, rhyme and meaning to life.” The Foundation’s mission is to preserve the buildings, landscapes, collections, and communities of the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Taliesin and Taliesin West, Frank Lloyd Wright’s own homes and studios, and to offer a broad range of educational experiences through tours, exhibits, performances, school and youth programs, and digital engagement, as well as academic and scholarly programs in collaboration with universities, scholars, and practitioners in the field of architecture.
We are seeking the following qualifications and traits in our Vice President of Marketing and Communications:
· A dynamic, energetic, and inspiring seasoned professional with significant management experience in the field of marketing and communications, project planning and implementation, budgeting, the development of marketing and advertising campaigns, brand engagement, the use of social media, and a working understanding of data analysis as it applies to visitor behavior and audience segmentation. Previous experience working in other cultural institutions is desirable.
· A degree in marketing and/or communications is required, and an MBA or other relevant professional accreditation, although not necessary, is preferred. The candidate should be able to demonstrate the ability to work successfully with others including Foundation staff and trustees, and a diverse group of external constituencies including volunteers and donors, consultants and vendors. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required along with the ability to utilize a variety of software programs, databases, and other computing tools.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• Physical Demands: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; occasionally reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; consistently talk or hear; and rarely taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather and desert environmental conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• OSHA Risk Classification for COVID-19 Exposure: Medium Risk: This position requires frequent/close contact with the public and other co-workers and is therefore determined to fall within the Medium Risk category as defined by OSHA. To further minimize risk, employees are required to follow the Foundation’s Safe and Healthy Workplace guidelines and related personal and facility infection control policies.
The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Organization/Company: Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation Website: https://franklloydwright.org/careers/ Location: Scottsdale, AZ or Spring Green WI Deadline: Open until filled How to Apply: Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and submit a resume and cover letter via the following link: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1652520/Frank-Lloyd-Wright-Foundation/Vice-President-of-Marketing-and-Communications