Arizona School for the Arts is seeking a teaching artist faculty member that will teach theatre to middle school and/or high school students enrolled in the program, approximately 20 students per class, with a total of 3 classes, in various content areas. The ASA Theatre Arts program strives for the highest excellence. It is necessary to have an instructor who is excited about collaboration with students and colleagues.
This is a part-time position with primary work responsibilities from August to mid-June with preparation work often done during summer months.
This position also may include the teaching artist to take a leadership role with one of the Theatre department’s production as director, music director, choreographer, or designer based on their expertise.
Responsibilities for this will include after school hours, time for auditions, rehearsals and production preparation.
Occasional evening class shows, school or department events and Showcase (end of year performance) will also require after hours’ commitment. The administrative support provided by this position will support both the curriculum and productions of the department.
An ideal candidate would feel comfortable and have the skill set to teach students that have no to limited experience to those who have been articulated through the ASA program.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in theatre or theatre education, theatre emphasis/expertise preferred, from an accredited four-year college or university. MFA preferred.
• Proven skills as a performer and teacher with an extensive knowledge of all levels of theatre content.
• Proven experience working with students of varying ages and experience.
• At least 3-4 years of classroom teaching experience required.
• At least 5 years of professional theatrical experience
• Leadership experience in theatrical productions
• Highly qualified
• Valid fingerprint card
Organization/Company: Arizona School for the Arts Website: http://www.goasa.org Location: Phoenix, AZ Deadline: 05/31/2019 How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit the following via email to Laura Apperson, ASA Arts Director, Apperson@goasa.org . Cover letter, Resume, three letters of reference, and the ASA Application for Employment found on our website. https://goasa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ASA-Employment-Application.pdf