Job Title: Tessitura Application Specialist
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing
Classification: Regular, Exempt, Full-time
Employment is At-Will – either the employee or the employer may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
About The Phoenix Symphony: It’s an exciting time to join The Phoenix Symphony as our organization rapidly approaches its benchmark 75th Anniversary Season in 2021-22. As one of the greater Phoenix area’s largest and most iconic cultural institutions, we seek dynamic, outgoing, goal-oriented team members to join our institution to help propel the Symphony into its next phase of artistic and organizational growth. Please see the position description below for more information and instructions on how to apply.
Purpose of the Position: To lead and support of the organization’s use of Tessitura applications and systems, ensuring the standardized use of Tessitura and related applications, documents, related business rules, and keeping The Phoenix Symphony current about best practices of the application.
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
Essential Functions: With or without reasonable accommodation, and under general supervision, an employee must be able to perform the essential functions of this position, which include:
• Serve as expert resource for all issues relating to Tessitura and related applications
• Support organization-wide adoption of Tessitura and related applications
• Work with department heads to develop organizational training programs for new hire and existing employees to develop multiple “power users”, and inform users of updates and new features in future versions
• Work with Finance department to ensure ongoing and accurate reconciliation of all earned and contributed revenue
• Work with Development department on list extraction for donor communication
• Research new features and applications of future Tessitura versions, recommends appropriate action, and leads successful implementation to maintain maximum efficacy of Tessitura software
• Work with Vice President of Marketing and department heads to establish and implement policies, guidelines, and procedures and implement best practices and standards for usage in all departments
• Work with Tessitura technical resources in problem solving, research, and program development
• Develop and manage the internal and consortium Tessitura roadmap and priorities
• Translate requests for business intelligence into actionable data capture and analysis
• Develop departmental awareness and knowledge of Tessitura and business intelligence reporting and data analysis capabilities
• Develop training programs on generating extractions, lists, and complex data pulls
• Provide reports and analysis of patron and participation trends using Tessitura and related applications
• Participate in Tessitura User Groups, User Forums, and other Tessitura Community networks
• Lead season rollover data management and support season build with Patron Services Manager.
The Essential Functions listed are representative, not exhaustive; some may be added, deleted, and/or modified, as organizational needs change
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of the Tessitura application or similar CRM software
• Demonstrated ability in team-building, training, managing, and motivating others to adopt applications or data systems
• Strong verbal and written communication and customer service skills
• Ability to explain technical details and processes in non-technical terms
• Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, flexible mindset
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks
Overall Level of Knowledge Required: Thorough
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Experience with ticketing software a plus
The desired list of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities is representative, not exhaustive; some may be added, deleted, and/or modified, as organizational needs change.
• 3-5 years’ experience with Tessitura or similar software strongly preferred
• 3-5 years’ experience working with CRM applications and/or database and database reporting systems (Microsoft SQL, SSMS, and/or SSRS)
• Ability to be self-motivated and act as thought leader, visionary and systems expert.
• Experience in orchestral, performing arts, or cultural institution, and/or not-for-profit organization preferred
• Experience with lists generation, extractions, and data analysis
• College degree preferred or four years of relevant work experience
Any acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
• May be requested to travel and attend Tessitura Conferences for skill training, knowledge and networking.
• Ability to utilize computer keyboard (typing) and sit for extended periods of the work day
• Ability to reach, stoop, grasp, grab, et cetera
The description of Working Conditions and Physical Demands is representative, not exhaustive; some may be added, deleted, and/or modified, as organizational needs change.
Salary will depend upon experience.
The Phoenix Symphony offers employees generous paid personal time off (PTO); paid holidays; health, dental, and vision insurance; short- and long-term disability; and group life insurance. Employ-ees may also opt to participate in a retirement program, when eligible.
Organization/Company: The Phoenix Symphony
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: Interested and qualified persons should submit the following for consideration:
• Cover letter that includes specific description of technical skills
• Three (3) professional references
Please also tell us on which website you found our job opportunity.
Submit your application materials in Word or PDF format by electronic mail only to:
Director of Human Resources
The Phoenix Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and persons of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or other non-merit factor.