Full time position with benefits.
- Insures that the technical quality of TheaterWorks productions and presentations is of the highest quality;
- Oversees and manages the technical requirements for all TheaterWorks programing, including MasterWorks, YouthWorks, PuppetWorks, educational Programming, rentals and presentations;
- Responsible for engineering and overseeing set construction for all Gyder Theater, McMillin Theater, and touring Theater Works productions;
- Responsible for overall coordination of all technical aspects of TheaterWorks productions including lights, sound, and properties;
- Responsible for oversight of technical operations of the Peoria Center for the Performing Arts rentals and presentations;
- Utilize and oversee the volunteer base to assist in the design, construction, and operation of TheaterWorks Gyder Theater, McMillin Theater, and touring show performances.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Runs scene shop, stages, and house in accordance with all appropriate safety standards and procedures.
- Helps to establish and operates within a technical production budget including shop and theater equipment.
- Responsible for the use, inventory, and maintenance of all sound, light, and mechanical equipment.
- Reviews and implements equipment and property rental policies and procedures.
- Approves all plans and designs for show lights, sound, and sets.
- Ensures that all equipment is maintained and in safe working order.
- Oversees all visual and technical support including the setting up and operating of sound, light, and audio-visual equipment for TheaterWorks productions.
- In conjunction with the Artistic Director and Production Manager, coordinates with all contract professionals.
- Operates in a multitasking environment that encourages teamwork and collaboration.
- Collaborates with Directors, Stage Managers, Set, Sound, and Light Designers to create a technical experience that enhances the artistic expression on the stage.
- Collaborates with renters and presenters within the Peoria Center for the Performing Arts to create a technical experience that enhances the artistic expression on the stage and reflects positively on the professional quality of the facility.
- Responsible for the recruitment, supervision, and training for backstage volunteers ,running crew, technicians.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theater, Theater Management, or Technical Theater.
- 10 Years theater experience including lighting, sound, set construction, and stage management.
- 3 Years experience as Technical Director in a performing arts environment.
- Previous experience with Vortek system
- Knowledge of stage, sound, lighting, and mechanical equipment and rigging including electricity and electronics systems and hardware.
- Thorough knowledge of theatrical, musical, and stage show technical techniques and requirements.
- Skilled, competent and proficient in stage rigging best practices.
- Skilled in planning, organizing, and supervising all stage build out, set-up, load-in, and strike activities.
- Skilled in the use of management techniques required to operate several theaters simultaneously in and efficient and cost effective manner.
- Team player who can lead and be part of a team as an individual contributor.
- Has ability to respond to unusual and rapidly changing requirements with calm, flexibility, and an attitude of service.
- Creative problem solver who can deal with complex and ambiguous challenges.
- Computer literate—has working knowledge of Microsoft office products and database and spreadsheet experience.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with a wide variety of people and in a wide variety of roles.
A full job description can be found at: http://theaterworks.org/job-opportunity-technical-director/
Location: Peoria, AZ
Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: Please visit http://theaterworks.org/job-opportunity-technical-director/
Qualified candidates should email their resume to Chris Hamby at: firstname.lastname@example.org.