Organization: Phoenix Art Museum
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Job Type: Full-time
Experience Level: Entry-level
Type of Nonprofit Organization: Arts, Culture and Humanities
Phoenix Art Museum is looking for a Staff Accountant to conduct accounting and other related activities in support of the mission and strategic plan of the Museum.
MAIN JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for carrying out tasks associated with Cash Management, Accounts Payable, General Ledger and other accounting areas, including but not limited to: record daily cash activities, reconcile bank accounts, process A/P payments and reimbursement requests, and prepare journal entries;
- Assist in carrying out month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing procedures;
- Assist in preparing monthly financial statements;
- Respond to inquiries;
- Maintain and update accounting records;
- Assist in preparing audit schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy with a 2.80 GPA or higher required.
- Underlying theory, concepts, and principles of accounting.
- Debits and credits and journal entry preparation.
- Fundamental mathematics.
Skill and Ability to:
- Attend to details.
- Follow through on tasks assigned.
- Prioritize and accomplish multiple projects concurrently.
- Communicate clearly and timely in a professional manner.
- Work effectively with a wide variety of Museum supporters, visitors, members, volunteers and staff.
- Work independently and as a team member.
- Apply problem solving and analytical skills.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Grow professionally through continual learning.
Job Status: full-time, exempt, regular
Organization/Company: Phoenix Art Museum
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and Salary requirements with job code ASU-ACCT to [email protected]
*** Incomplete submissions may not be considered ***