Position: Staff Accountant
Supervisor: Director of Finance
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Accounting Manager serves to provide accounting and operational support to the Finance Department of Ballet Arizona (BAZ) and the School of Ballet Arizona.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: Included, but are not limited, to the following:
• Prepares accounts payable invoices in terms of account coding and billing accuracy and submits to Director of Finance for review and approval
• Manages data entry and prepares all earned and contributed receipts and deposits for the Company and School on a timely and accurate basis.
• Manages all bank deposits and brings deposits to the bank on as needed basis.
• Assist School registrar with recording of school revenue
• Reconcile company credit card and follow-up with department as needed
• Reconcile school merchant and concession sales as well as the Nutcracker boutique
• Completes monthly financial closing process and prepares all designated account reconciliations on a timely and accurate basis;
• Completes and prepares monthly journal entries to ensure the month-end trial balance represents accurate accounting data, account classifications and departmental classifications
• Maintains proactive communication and working relationship with all staff
• Maintains detail documentation and audit trail back up for all journal entries, reconciliations and financial related transactions.
• Assist with the annual audit
• Performs new employee onboarding process, including I-9 compliance, e-verify and background checks.
• Maintains Employees Files
• Completes biweekly payroll processing, including new employee set-up, entering time cards, etc.
• Assist with human resources as needed
• Makes recommendations to improving such processes proactively and consistently
• Other Duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• At least 3 years hands on with QuickBooks
• At least 5 years’ experience in accounting with responsibility for monthly closings and reconciliations. Familiar with internal control and accounting processes.
• Attention to detail
• At least 5 years Microsoft office software (Excel in particular) experience
• Not for profit industry background preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is primarily performed in an office environment.
• Frequently involves the use of a personal computer or laptop or similar device requiring the ability to view 1 or 2 computer monitors simultaneously and manipulate the keyboard which requires the use of fingers, hands, wrists, forearms and shoulders.
• Frequently involves the ability to communicate with others through a variety of means including in person, telephonically or other readily available technology, requiring the ability to speak and hear.
• Constantly requires mental acuity for planning, organizing, assessing information; problem solving; multi-tasking; critical thinking; and effectively managing people.
• Occasionally requires bending, stooping, climbing, lifting, reaching, kneeling.
• Occasionally requires standing and walking; lifting up to 15 pounds.
Organization/Company: Ballet Arizona
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Deadline: This position is open until filled
How to Apply: Application Procedure:
Applicants must submit a letter of interest, salary history, resume and contact information to Human Resources, 2835 E Washington St, Phoenix, Arizona 85034 or via e-mail to [email protected]