Arizona Opera is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, and energetic Staff Accountant to join its Finance team as the company continues to pursue its vision of artistic vitality, delivery of civic value, audience expansion, and institutional strength and sustainability.
- Staff Accountant Responsibilities
- Assist in completing monthly financial closing process and prepares all designated account reconciliations on a timely and accurate basis.
- Reconcile bank accounts and company credit cards and follow-up with departments as needed.
- Maintain and update schedules for fixed assets, leases, prepaids, deferrals, etc.
- Complete and prepare monthly journal entries to ensure the month-end trial balance represents accurate accounting data, account classifications, and departmental classifications.
- Maintain detailed documentation and audit trail back up for all journal entries, reconciliations, and financial related transactions.
- Assist in updating company-wide weekly and monthly cashflows.
- Review general ledger and other accounting files for accuracy.
- Assist in maintaining and updating accounting records.
- Assist in preparing audit schedules and working with auditors.
- Assist with preparation of the annual 990.
- Perform special projects as requested by Director of Finance, Admin and HR.
- Budget Analyst Responsibilities
- Assist Production Department with preparation of annual budgets.
- Provide support in tracking monthly performance against budget and identifying and analyzing trends that will support department budget goals.
- Serve as liaison between Production and Finance Departments to provide weekly cash flow updates for Production.
Extended periods at workstation, using a keyboard, viewing a computer screen and communicating by telephone and in person. Ability to work flexible hours required, including evenings and weekends on occasion
Work environment is generally quiet, and in an office setting, but intensifies during periods when the company is in production. Due to COVID, masks must be worn whenever is the facilities, in accordance with Arizona Opera and CDC guidelines.
Reliable transportation required and must be able to travel statewide. Flexible schedule that will require working some nights and weekends to attend events, performances, rehearsals, etc.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant general ledger experience required.
- Non-profit accounting experience preferred.
- Payroll experience preferred.
- Audit experience mandatory.
- GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles in the U.S.)
- General business laws and regulations
- Proficiency in QuickBooks accounting software
- Advance Proficiency in Excel; extensive use of linking and SUMIF formulas and use of Pivot tables
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in web-based research tools
- Working knowledge of payroll systems
Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to track and meet deadlines successfully
- Ability to prioritize tasks among multiple concurrent projects
- Communicate clearly and timely in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality around sensitive material
How to Apply
Organization/Company: Ballet Arizona Website: https://azopera.org/about/jobs-auditions/staff-accountant-and-budget-analyst Location: Phoenix, AZ Deadline: Open until filled How to Apply: Send Cover Letter, Resume, and salary requirements to [email protected]