WHO WE ARE:
Phoenix Theatre is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization. As the largest producing regional theatre company in the Valley, Phoenix Theatre offers more programs and experiences than any other. With over 400 performances on multiple stages and thriving education and outreach programs, we inspire more than 100,000 citizens every year. Every show or service we provide is always measured against our mission – to create exceptional theatrical experiences by using the arts to articulate messages that inspire hope and understanding
This highly valued position identifies, solicits, and stewards qualified prospects and donors through cultivation activities and events. They provide primary support to Senior level staff and departmental fundraising through these events, including–but not limited to–the annual Gala, annual donor cultivation trips, donor benefit fulfillment events and receptions, Development-initiated cultivation and prospecting events, and acting as a resource for support around Ambassador Board events. The Manager is responsible for maintaining and growing an active portfolio of current and prospective new partners to retain and grow funding levels to support the organization. Utilizing relationship-based fundraising and providing excellent customer experiences, the manager consistently tracks and monitors levels of engagement amongst donors.
* Reports directly to the Associate Director of Development
* Responsible for, and accountable to, company fundraising goals as set by the Director of Development
* Works closely with the Producing Artistic Director and Managing Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manages all event logistics, revenue, volunteers, and underwriting–including but not limited to–the annual Gala, donor cultivation trips, season sponsorship recognition events, and other events as they pertain to Development initiatives/campaigns;
* Responsible for raising upwards of $500,000 each season by setting and reaching monetary and attendance goals, as well as managing budgets/expenses for events;
* Communicates event pacing, progress, and activity regularly with the Artistic Director, Managing Director, Director of Development and Gala chairs;
* Collaborates with the Development team on the implementation of fundraising goals/strategies (acquisition, renewal and lapsed) with an emphasis on patrons who enter through event channels;
* Provides the Director of Development with annual budget of expenses as well as revenue projections;
* Manages a portfolio of donors associated with our events and performs regular acts of stewardship to build engagement and retention tracking steps in Tessitura CRM database;
* Develops moves management strategies and customized cultivation strategies for portfolio members;
* Networks to build relationships in the community for the purpose of in-kind donations and underwriting opportunities for events;
* Attends performances, events and receptions (both internal and external) as required to support portfolio management, event management and Development team responsibilities;
* Serves as an advisory resource for Phoenix Theatre Ambassador Board’s annual fundraising events;
* Works with the Development team to seek out corporate marketing opportunities for sponsorship and solicits event sponsorship proposals, table sales, and ticket sales;
* Recruits and manages committee members and community volunteers for event support;
* Works closely with Marketing/Communications to use PR, traditional and social media to promote events and create collateral materials and signage needed for event production in compliance with the organization’s brand standards;
* Manages the acquisition of all appropriate contracts, permits, or licensing prior to events;
* Plans annual theatre trip(s) for participants including tickets, activities, lodging, travel, food, communication and attendance;
* Creates strategies to grow and promote the annual theatre trip’s appeal and ability to fundraise through acquisition and moves management of renewing trip members;
* Manages orientation, packet information, and post-event acknowledgments/communications for trip attendees and portfolio members.
* Professional in appearance and demeanor;
* Positive and flexible work ethic, to be able to adapt and collaborate in a fast-paced actively thriving organization;
* Availability to work flexible hours when required for meetings, programs or events;
* Attendance at out-of-office meetings and business-related events;
* Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and AZ auto liability insurance is required.
We provide a competitive salary based on prior experience; health, dental and vision insurance; generous paid time off policies; a 401k program and sabbatical program; and complimentary tickets to our shows. This position offers the opportunity to help create a sustainable future through donor-ship for the next 100 years, as we approach our Grand Centennial Anniversary in just two short seasons.
* Bachelor’s degree;
* Two or more years’ experience in individual donor development and demonstrated skills in event planning, execution, time management and delegation;
* Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills with the ability to create dynamic presentations, proposals, letters and emails;
* Strong planning skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, and function smoothly under strict deadlines;
* Ability to build strong relationships in a collaborative working environment;
* Ability to take initiative and work independently;
* Excellent attention to detail, rock solid follow-through, and commitment to a high level of customer service;
* Ability to exercise discretion with confidential information;
* Knowledge of the local philanthropic community;
* Experience with Tessitura database a plus.
Organization/Company: Phoenix Theatre
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Deadline: Open until filled.
How to Apply: TO APPLY:
Send resume and cover letter, salary history/requirements, and contact information for three professional references to Julia Haase, Associate Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phoenix Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.