Position Description: The Social Media Editor is responsible for managing the organization’s digital image on social media and creating content that contributes to the marketing and events department’s overall promotion of the Downtown Phoenix neighborhood, Downtown Phoenix, Inc., and its affiliate organizations. The position includes day-to-day management of social media channels (including the continued growth of those platforms), creating digital content for dtphx.org, and documenting the Downtown experience through photos/videos.
- Day-to-day management of social media communities including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and additional platforms yet-to-be-invented.
- Use social media tools to monitor social media metrics and generate a monthly report for both internal and external use.
- Develop weekly editorial blog content about Downtown Phoenix including business profiles, event previews, development updates and all things impacting our evolving Downtown.
- Assist with promotion, execution and documentation of Downtown Phoenix Inc. events and programs.
- Develop new ideas to promote Downtown Phoenix and engage both our existing community and gain new followers.
- Attend Downtown events and interact with community as a representative of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Journalism, English or Marketing preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Photography skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, etc.
- Proficient in AP Style Guide and copy editing
- Experience using/managing a variety of social media and e-communication platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, LinkedIn, Emma, Sales Force, Meltwater, YouTube, WordPress, etc)
Desired Professional/Personal Characteristics:
Highly knowledgeable about Downtown Phoenix–including its history–and possessing a genuine passion for our rapidly evolving neighborhood.
- Link(s) to a writing sample
- Links to social media accounts
- A short explanation of why you love Downtown and/or would be a good fit for this role