Responsible for the technical aspects of Canal Convergence artwork logistics and installation and some permanent collection art handling for the Public Art Program. This position is Part Time (25 hours a week)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Under direction of supervisor)
1. Performs a variety of functions related to preparing for Canal Convergence and events, as well as some public art and municipal collection related duties. These duties will include but are not limited to working with the supervisor on install/de-install logistics and schedule, updating Canal Convergence related materials like maps and site photographs, and installation artwork monitoring and maintenance. Assists in the maintenance of the offsite storage and workshop facility.
2. Responsible for coordinating with the supervisor as an installation lead during Canal Convergence installations. This will include daily planning and on-site reports with the supervisor during the Canal Convergence installation and de-installation periods and providing on-site supervision for temporary or per diem staff assisting with the installations and de-installations.
3. Researches and recommends solutions for temporary installations including safety and potential maintenance issues.
4. Works with appropriate technology to develop layout for temporary public work installations and exhibitions, coordinates the transportation of materials, artworks, use of scissor lift and/or forklift. Collects materials to create marketing requests for events, presentations, fund raisers, exhibitions, as requested by Scottsdale Arts staff.
5. Assists in keeping Canal Convergence website up to date through marketing requests via Scottsdale Arts staff.
6. Performs a variety of outreach duties including communications with artists, the City, the public, internal staff and other stakeholders in the course of duties. Assists the Social Media aspects including sending in-progress and finished photographs of projects.
7. Assists the Lead Preparator as needed on art handling for the public art and portable works collections.
8. Performs other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field (combination of education and experience to equal 4 years acceptable)
2. Experience: 1 – 2 years of experience and/or training related to field. Experience in architecture or engineering. Technical background and comprehensive knowledge understanding structural plans.
• Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operation, maintenance, instruction and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Ability to perform public speaking activities as needed.
• Must be able to perform math functions, interpret graphs, sites and maps as needed for duties.
• Demonstrated aptitude to apply common sense understanding and to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Able to problem solve and trouble shoot issues in a concise fashion.
4. Work Environment: Works outside in inclement weather frequently. Employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. Required to stand on a frequent basis; with walking, sitting as part of daily function. Must be able to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. Must be able to lift/move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to work at heights over 8 feet, and occasionally works on the canal (waterway in boats or pontoons). Exposure to moving mechanisms, high, precarious places. Ability to work evening and weekends as needed.
5. Other requirements:
• Must possess valid driver’s license and driving record which is acceptable to the organization’s insurance carrier.
• Forklift Certification and Boom Lift training. Water Safety Training required during first 6 months.
Organization/Company: Scottsdale Arts Website: https://www.scottsdalearts.org Location: Scottsdale, AZ Deadline: 4/30/2021 How to Apply: Apply via link: https://sccarts.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/cf56a45b-687b-038f-ae78-21fa037f4235/apply?source=1566199-CS-20610