Provides support to the programmatic aspects of Canal Convergence Water + Art + Light project as well as provides a variety of support to all events related to exhibitions and temporary projects. 20 hours a week.
1. Implements the programmatic elements selected for Canal Convergence, including selection, project development and fabrication if needed, any potential City or SRP oversight and review, artist insurance requirements as needed, installation and de-installation.
2. Works closely with Canal Convergence team members to build support and consensus to collectively produce and implement successful Canal Convergence events, which includes its artwork, related programs and operations.
3. Develops collaborations/partnerships with artists and organizations for programmatic projects that enhance Canal Convergence themes (ie, sustainability).
4. Works with Scottsdale Arts education staff to develop and implement related educational programming and tours.
5. With team members, creatively brainstorms event ideas and forward planning.
6. With team members, provides social media input as needed.
7. As needed, for SPA events that support exhibitions and other public art installations such as IN FLUX, coordinate general event preparation, day of set-up, staffing, and tear down.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education: BA in related field (experience additional to what is listed below may be utilized in lieu of education with Division Director approval)
2. Experience: Minimum six months work experience in public art or similar field required. Should have experience organizing events and facilitating public workshop. Should be comfortable and proficient with hand tools, ladders, and other equipment used in installation of artworks, implementing safe working conditions at all times.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel.
• Must possess the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and technical instructions.
• Demonstrated ability to manage details of various projects, build rapport and work diplomatically with the public, as well as represent Scottsdale Public Art in a professional manner.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs may be helpful.
• Requires the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and assignments.
• Must possess the ability to apply policies and procedures while using common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Requires the ability to creatively and calmly problem-solve and trouble-shoot by defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions under pressure at times.
• Requires effective time management and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines. Strong initiative, creative and proactive approach to problem solving and assignments and self-starter skills are preferred.
• Demonstrated success working in a team environment and effectively following directions/ instructions is essential.
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff, visiting artists and the general public is a necessity.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Often required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Frequently lifts and/or move up to 60 pounds and will be required to provide set-up and take down for events, work on setup for large scale, outdoor events, walk/navigate large areas of venues during events, working with artist installations, and vendors and their setup needs. The ability to work outdoors and be physically active for long periods of time is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high and precarious places, works indoors and outdoors and is often exposed to outside weather conditions. This position requires a flexible work schedule of weekdays, weekends and evenings as business needs dictate.
4. Other requirements:
• Must possess valid driver’s license and driving record which is acceptable to the organization’s insurance carrier
Organization/Company: Scottsdale Arts
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: Apply via link: