Tempe Public Art aspires to cultivate a unique community identity that advances Tempe as a vibrant and progressive destination. Tempe’s diverse collection of permanent and temporary public art complements the natural and built environment through innovative place-making, installations, and infrastructure enhancements.
This position assists with projects related to public art. This includes providing administrative assistance to the Public Art Manager, Coordinator, and Specialist; meeting planning; clerical support; research assistance; and project documentation.
Closing Date: Open until position is filled
Hourly Wage: $18.00 per hour
Work Schedule: Maximum 15 hours per week; flexible days/times (Monday–Friday)
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist with the tracking, administration, and process of Art in Private Development projects.
• Provide administrative assistance in the form of processing financial payments, assisting with artist selection processes, and ordering of supplies
• Research and organize data and background material; compile and prepare a variety of statistical, financial, operational and special project reports.
• Establish and organize filing systems; perform record keeping, inventory and maintain program files for various projects.
• Good written and verbal communication skills. Respond to inquiries from public, city staff, artists and partners via telephone, e-mail, written correspondence.
• Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and demonstrate effective time management and organization skills. Initiative and self-starter skills are essential.
• Assist Public Art staff with additional assignments as needed.
Organization/Company: City of Tempe
Location: Tempe, AZ
Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: The complete job description, Tempe job application, and instructions for applying can be found under Arts & Culture Employment here: