Our Protection Services Department provides support to ensure the safety and protection of staff, visitors and guests. Ensures art work is protected and monitored.
Position is part time, with evening and weekend hours required. $14.75 an hour
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Under direction of supervisor)
Continuously monitors public areas and activities within these areas with emphasis on life safety, collection and asset security, crowd control and traffic (pedestrian and vehicular) control.
As assigned, responsible for facilities opening, ensuring all is in order to conduct business safety and/or ensures the buildings are secured and closed at the end of the day.
Performs continual welfare check patrols of managed facilities.
Affords a deterrent to vandalism, theft, damage or loss of the collection and in general the assets of the organization. Responds/Reports on activities of fire/intrusion alarm systems as well as perform diagnostics of CCTV, access control and facility alarm systems.
Acts as first responder to fire/medical or other emergencies and incidents on site, and liaise with emergency responders as needed. Maintains liaison with national and local police, fire and other emergency organizations.
Responds to and assumes responsibility for premises in emergency situations, including following the established protocol, taking the lead on and coordinating the evacuation of the facility in the event of an emergency.
Responsible for the placement and retrieval of parking signs, bollards and event-related signs as needed or assigned.
Completes and maintains reports on all incidents occurring during assigned shifts and ensures timely submission to appropriate managers of each report.
Initiates investigation of fire, theft of property, emergencies and other criminal incidents; including providing legal testimony as required.
Ensures established protection services parameters and protocols are being properly adhered to, including updates of protocols or procedures as needed. Enforces policies, including the prevention of unauthorized facility access and use during building hours, events and when the facilities are closed.
Conducts security, fire, safety, and health inspections and surveys including recommending corrective actions.
Interacts with a variety of stakeholders including guests, patrons, visitors, vendors, staff in a professional and cooperative manner, answering routine and non-routine questions, giving direction and generally ensuring good customer relations.
Performs other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High School or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 1 year of Public Facility security strongly preferred. Customer Service experience required.
* Displays leadership and open communication, working to support and maintain a respectful working environment.
* Displays understanding of, or interest in, the performing and/or visual arts through experience or education.
* Excellent communication skills with ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. *Able to write correspondence and effectively interact in one-on-one and small group situations.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, with ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
* Able to utilize appropriate judgment in a variety of situations including firm understanding of when to reach out to appropriate personnel or contacts, when to notify emergency personnel, etc.
* Computer and software capabilities.
Work Environment: Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. Employee is required to talk or hear, to use hands to finger, handle or feel. Occasionally required to reach with arms and hands. Must be physically capable of standing or walking for long periods of time, climb and descend steps and in general have complete physical mobility. Must possess full faculties of vision and hearing. May move or lift up to fifty pounds. Position requires flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
* Within 30 days of hire: 20 hours of Facilities Security Training and 32 hours of general security/safety instruction. (Department of Public Safety certification waives the 32 hour general security instruction requirement)
* Within 30 days of hire: Must pass the advanced Protection Services Test
* Certification by the Department of Public Safety as a security Office preferred.
*Current and up to date CPR/First Aid Certification
*Must possess valid driver’s license and driving record which is acceptable to the organization’s insurance carrier.
Organization/Company: Scottsdale Arts
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
How to Apply: Apply via link: