The Programming Assistant works with the General Manager at Tempe Center for the Arts to ensure all aspects of artist contracts and accommodations are complete and maintains communication with other relevant staff regarding programming and artist relations. This role will assist with a variety of duties including correspondence with artists, administrative duties, securing accommodations, and financial tasks. The Programming Assistant has excellent communication and time management skills to deliver programmatic tasks on time.
Closing Date: Open until filled
Hourly Wage: $20-22 per hour, dependent on experience
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday; occasional weekends or evenings for events.
Essential Job Functions
• Assists programming, marketing, box office and production staff with administrative and communication support related to programming and artist matters.
• Corresponds with artists and agents on administrative details in the contracting process, as well as communicating with artists about logistical and administrative details in the lead-up to, and following, presentation matters. Follows up with artists to ensure timely execution of tasks, under the direction of full-time staff, and in alignment with TCA policies/procedures.
• Supports in data entry and administration of designated elements of the TCA programming calendar.
• Ensures that Asana and EventPro remain up to date with relevant information about TCA Presents, 48 LIVE, Gallery, and other TCA-supported events.
• Provides administrative assistance, under the direction of full-time staff, in the preparation of elements of the following: programmatic scoping/proposals, offer memo, contract, addendum, technical rider, artist welcome packet.
• Takes meeting minutes of Programming Committee meetings
• Assists in artist payment process: executes payment of artist via creation of payment requisitions, conducts weekly check pick-up, and inventories incoming and outgoing checks. Sources actual financial data from relevant teams and enters data into spreadsheet.
• Books and confirms ground transportation, lodging, and other artist related obligations per the rider and contract.
• Purchases artist hospitality and ensures implementation at the event. Handles inventory of artist hospitality goods and liaises with AZ Catering, TCA’s exclusive caterer, to ensure compliance of technical rider.
• Performs all duties under the supervision of General Manager and/or other full-time employee as directed.
Education and/or Experience: Requires at least one year of prior work experience in arts, entertainment, and/or other live events administration or production. A bachelor’s degree in performing arts and/or a related area is highly desirable. Requires a working knowledge of MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
Applicant Requirement: Requires successful completion of selection process, completion of background investigation and verification of identity/work authorization
Benefits: This is a “full-time temporary” position with paid sick leave and medical benefits available. This position also participates in the Arizona State Retirements System (ASRS) defined benefit plan with mandatory employer and employee contributions.
Organization/Company: City of Tempe
Location: Tempe, AZ
Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: Go to Tempe.gov/artsjobs to find the Programming Assistant job post. Download and complete the job description/application PDF.
SUBMIT RESUME AND APPLICATION BY EMAIL to [email protected]
In the subject line enter “(Your last name) Programming Assistant App”