Closing Date: Open until position is filled.
Hourly Wage: $20.00 per hour
Work Schedule: Requires open availability including weekends and evenings; maximum of 39.5 hours/week for 20 weeks, continues at a maximum of 19.5 hours/week thereafter.
This is a non-benefited position.
Equivalent to two years of fulltime work experience in technical theater production in a multi-venue performing arts facility or similar venue with concentration in theatrical audio.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist Production workgroup with production needs of all events in the Tempe Center for the Arts;
• Oversee use of equipment within TCA and serve as site manager during events; execute audio and/or lighting needs for events; ensure operational readiness of all audio and/or lighting equipment;
• Perform and coordinate regular maintenance and safety inspections of equipment;
• Prepare reports including, but not limited to, event evaluations, industrial injury summaries and incident reports;
• Assist in maintaining production records including, but not limited to, equipment inventory, warranty information, maintenance and repair logs, equipment rental agreements and personnel event records;
• Load, unload, carry short distances, push and slide objects: scenery, audio and light equipment, program boxes, trusses, chairs, etc. from/to the stage, trucks and dollies;
• Must be able to: reach, bend, stoop, and lift up to 70 points; communicate clearly and effectively; coordinate with other facility staff to ensure successful events; work in a standing position for long periods of time; work in a fast-paced environment; follow directions and ask questions for clarification when needed; demonstrate effective organizational skills and initiative.
• Perform related duties as assigned by the supervisor-on-duty.
Education: Equivalent to an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college, university, or conservatory with major course work in theater, theatrical audio, theatrical lighting, technical direction or degree related to the core functions of this position.
Applicant Requirement: Requires successful completion of selection process, completion of background investigation and verification of identity/work authorization.
An equal opportunity/reasonable accommodation employer
Organization/Company: City of Tempe
Location: Tempe, AZ
Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: Go to https://www.tempe.gov/home/showdocument?id=69381 or www.tempe.gov/artsjobs for the job description and application.
Email Resume and Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, please contact Kathleen Dooner at 480-350-2877