Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (“FMIC”) headquarters is located in Scottsdale, AZ. Our brand mission is to accompany each player at every stage with products and brand experiences that fuel the pursuit of musical expression.
An American icon, Fender was born in Southern California and has built a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument, it’s a cultural symbol that resonates globally.
We are seeking an experienced Music Licensing Manager to join our Legal team in Scottsdale, AZ, Hollywood, CA, or remotely. Within Fender Legal we are addressing a constantly fluid and evolving legal landscape as it pertains to Entertainment, Music, Employment, Licensing, IP and Business Affairs. We accompany the legendary brand at every step of the way.
About the Job:
- Handle all aspects of music licensing and contract administration with music publishers, performance rights organizations (domestic and international) and other right holders
- Formulate a music licensing strategy and negotiate favorable rates for the use of songs with Fender Play and other company products, services and initiatives
- Facilitate the licensing of third-party IP (music, footage, photos, fonts, graphics, etc) for use in advertising, promotions, and brand integrations
- Accurately draft and analyze complex music license agreements; negotiate with licensors via email, phone, and in-person
- Make effective presentations on music rights and licensing related topics to the business
- Research and record song ownership information, license renewal dates, and frequently audit the accuracy of your data to ensure proper compliance
- Regularly report music clearance status reports and costs to the business via tracking reports
- Manage multiple priorities at a time related to music licensing; collaborate with the business at all stages of creative and production process; be proactive in identifying rights issues/necessary permission, and propose alternative cost-savings and process improvement solutions during content production and execution
What You Need:
- Minimum of 5 years of music licensing experience, preferably at a music publisher or record label
- Experienced knowledge of music clearance & licensing concepts
- Understand copyright concepts as they relate to musical recordings, compositions, artwork, etc.
- Familiarity with the music publishing landscape, including expertise in the rights held by songwriters and music publishers, the relationship between them, and how these rights sit in the production environment
- Experience providing a high level of customer service, including ability to handle high-volume correspondence and projects
- Able to work well under pressure and manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately while adhering to short deadlines and maintaining accountability
- Able to effectively work remotely and still provide optimal level of service to the business
- Minimal travel required
- B.S. preferred, not required
About Fender Musical Instruments:
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel® and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com. FMIC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
Organization/Company: Fender Website: http://www.fender.com Location: Scottsdale, AZ Deadline: Open until filled How to Apply: Apply at https://boards.greenhouse.io/fender/jobs/2255310?gh_src=b26c956f1us