Phoenix Art Museum is looking for a Membership Specialist to support the Museum’s Membership Department with events, member engagement, and membership campaign planning and execution in keeping with Museum guidelines. Participate in Membership department reporting, member interaction, database trouble shooting and maintenance. Assist with administrative and operational functions during events and provides necessary follow-up at event conclusion.
- Coordinate dates and assist with project management for Membership and Circles acquisition campaigns;
- Execute list requests and acquisitions for Member/Circles renewals via database and Museum’s preferred mail house vendor;
- Assist and provide excellent customer service to all levels of membership via email, phone and in person;
- Assist with Member Engagement events in person and through virtual platforms;
- Support the payment and receipting process for all members events;
- Work with Marketing and Communications for campaign acquisitions, publications, media, marketing, promotion and invitations;
- Ability to coordinate and interact with all Museum departments to reach Membership Revenue goals;
- Organize and communicate template forms and processes to all necessary Museum departments;
- Work with the Development Information Systems department to monitor and manage acknowledgment of all general members and Circles of Support Membership;
- Communicate necessary event staging, audio visual and set-up information to Museum Events team in a timely manner;
- Assist with monitoring of membership budgets;
- Assist other Membership team members during special fundraising events.
- High school graduate or equivalent; supplemented with college courses preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience working with special events, membership loyalty programs, sales, marketing, tourism/hospitality, or relationship management.
- Basic principles of development and fundraising in a non-profit, preferably in a museum.
- Microsoft Office, including adept use of Excel.
- Consistent and accurate data entry of minimum 45 wpm.
- Special event execution
- CRM or point of sales software. Development fundraising databases preferred (Raiser’s Edge, Tessitura, Salesforce, Altru)
- Financial and analytic reporting
Skill and ability to:
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with tact and diplomacy, both in person and on the telephone with external audiences, e.g., volunteers, members, donors, and trustees.
- Stay organized, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision.
- Prioritize and accomplish multiple projects concurrently and follow-through independently on routine responsibilities.
- Work effectively with a wide variety of Museum supporters, visitors, volunteers and staff.
- Communicate effectively in writing, with excellent composition, grammar, and proof-reading skills.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
How to Apply
Organization/Company: Phoenix Art Museum Website: https://phxart.org/get-involved/careers/ Location: Phoenix, AZ Deadline: Open until filled How to Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with job code ASU-MMS to [email protected]