PART TIME POSITION: Responsible for front counter work, inbound and outbound calls and online chats for ticket, donation (Annual Fund) and membership (Solo to Supporting levels) sales and results, optimizing guest experiences and maximizing sales opportunities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Under direction of supervisor)
Provides a closed loop communication with the guest, striving to resolve open issues or refer to supervisor if unable to do so at the front line.
Demonstrates empathy for the guest and a sense of urgency to assist in resolving concerns professionally while maintaining enthusiastic, positive rapport.
Diffuses and rectifies simple and complex situations courteously, utilizing supervisor support as needed.
Researches and communicates detailed event information to guests and staff to increase sales.
Initiates, receives, verifies and processes ticket, donation and membership sales and follow-up on all transactions and communications accurately and in a timely manner.
Increase sales and improve guest relations regularly, including making outbound calls.
Assist in daily and annual batch ticketing, sorting and incoming and outgoing mailing. Checks database for ticket availability and ensure correct payment is received for each transaction.
Calculates and checks daily reconciliations, balance sales to computer reports, prepare daily deposits and maintains general bookkeeping of all sales on a daily and long-term basis.
Researches, creates, files and updates reports using Microsoft Office Suite and ticketing software.
Organizes and maintains brand and operational standards consistently (visual, cleanliness, etc. in office and brochure display areas) and act as a liaison to all parts of the organization and divisions.
Performs other duties as needed
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (education may be substituted 1:1)
2. Experience: Experience in customer service, hospitality, sales, box office and/or administration required. Knowledge of Microsoft office Suite, Tessiture or similar ticketing system and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
• Must be available to work morning and/or afternoon shifts, as well as frequent evenings and weekends
• Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, time-management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
• Experience in outbound and inbound telemarketing, sales, database, front office and customer service.
• Experience handling cash, check and credit card transactions accurately and with integrity.
• Strong personal interest or background in performing and/or visual arts (classical music, jazz, modern dance, contemporary art etc.).
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos.
• Ability to present information in on-on-one and group scenarios to guests and employees. Bilingual skills a plus.
• Must possess a collegial and open minded approach, be pro-active, enthusiastic and detail oriented.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all unites o measure and compute rate, ration and percent; draw and interpret graphs.
• Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
4. Work Environment: the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear and is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stand and sit and view computer screen for extended periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Dress code for Member and Patron Services staff is primarily business attire; semi-formal or formal for some special events. Employees should be neat in appearance and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with making a professional impression on guests.
Organization/Company: Scottsdale Arts Website: https://sccarts.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/19ef0306-51fa-3582-1ca4-5f174f38cdc1/apply?source=643895-CS-20610 Location: Scottsdale, AZ Deadline: Open until filled. How to Apply: Apply here: https://sccarts.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/19ef0306-51fa-3582-1ca4-5f174f38cdc1/apply?source=643895-CS-20610