Gallery 37 is the West Valley Arts Council’s award-winning summer youth arts employment program. This is our 18th year creating public art work for cities in the West Valley. The Master Artist will lead 15-18 teen art apprentices in the conceptualization, formal presentation and creation of a public art project commissioned by the City of Glendale.
Classroom Location: Estrella Mountain Community College | 3000 N. Dysart Rd. Avondale, AZ 85392
Program Duration: May 29, 2018 – June 28, 2018 | Monday-Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 pm
• Pre Project Meeting
• One (1) post project debrief and wrap-up meeting,
Requirement: Must Have MASTERS DEGREE in arts or related field in order to teach for Estrella Mountain Community College. Teaching experience (at high school and higher education levels) highly recommended.
• Work with WVAC and client to ensure the project objectives and goals are completed to satisfaction.
• Teach college approved class curriculum.
• Implement and/or coordinate all instructional and artistic aspects for the Gallery 37 program and all affiliated components therein.
• Provide Gallery 37 students with instruction, guidance and support.
• Follows professional practices consistent with school and system policies in working with students, parents, clients and staff.
• Demonstrate professional practices in teaching.
• Adhere to and meet all requirements set forth by Estrella Mountain Community College.
Organization/Company: West Valley Arts Council Website: http://www.westvalleyarts.org Location: Avondale, AZ Deadline: February 28, 2018 How to Apply: Email Bernadette Carroll resume and cover letter, and any links to previous projects, email@example.com