The Arts & Culture Marketing Supervisor will be part of establishing and leading a new, division-wide marketing and communications team for the City of Tempe, Arts & Culture Division which includes Tempe Center for the Arts, Tempe History Museum, Tempe Community Arts, and Tempe Public Art program units.
Annual Salary Range:
$73,970 – $99,120
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Contribute to the assessment of business cases for programs under consideration with an emphasis on performing arts proposals for Tempe Center for the Arts. Oversee the development of creative content for marketing campaigns, including supervision of design staff and contractors.
• Set goals, budget, timelines, and supervise campaign roll out of approved programs across the Division, in collaboration with programming, ticketing and other relevant staff.
• Oversee daily marketing operations, including development and/or approval of media buying, public relations, digital media, and promotions. Proactively monitor and course correct as needed to ensure sales/registrations are performing to maximum potential.
• Position and leverage brand/identity of City, Division and workgroups. Ensure alignment with relevant policies and practices of the City and Division.
• Coordinate a division-wide approach to audience segmentation based on psychographic (ie. Culture Segments) and demographic data. Use insights to drive decision making.
• Review, update and integrate strategies across division to ensure relevance and innovation of all digital channels, including web, social media, and email.
Requires five (5) years of marketing experience in performing arts, cultural programs, museums, community arts, entertainment, special events, consumer marketing, or related fields. Two (2) years of supervisory experience is preferred.
Requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major work in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, business administration, advertising, arts management, or degree related to the core functions of this position. Master’s degree is preferred.
This position is FLSA Exempt – not eligible for overtime compensation and/or compensatory time.
Employees in this position are represented by the Tempe Supervisors’ Association (TSA).
Organization/Company: City of Tempe Website: https://www.tempe.gov/government/community-services/arts-culture-history Location: Tempe, AZ Deadline: Open until filled How to Apply: The full job description and application process are online: https://bit.ly/TempeArtsandCultureMarketingSupervisor