Maricopa County Historical Society dba
Desert Caballeros Western Museum
Exempt (Y/N): N Supervisor: Executive Director
Function of Position
Responsible for day-to-day marketing functions of the Museum; promote the museum to help achieve goals in the areas of attendance, programming, and name recognition. Promote the Museum’s core mission to regional, national, and international audiences.
Promotes the institution and its programs through continuous, expert outreach to traditional press and new media alike, by organizing exhibition press previews, Museum wide announcements; writing and distributing media kits and press releases; creating promotions; and building and maintaining crucial relationships between Museum leadership and media. Markets and advertises the Museum’s schedule in print and online. Responsible for the Museum website and social media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Help develop and implement proactive strategies to support and promote the Museum’s goals and objectives employing all forms of media: print, broadcast, collateral, web, social, and direct.
• Direct implementation of the Museum’s local media, public relations, and advertising efforts. Maintain master calendar for media deadlines and ensure that ad deadlines are met.
• Maintain the Museum’s social media accounts. Draft event posts for review and post live at events or to highlight projects.
• Serve as a website manager, maintaining the online calendar of events, cleared images for use and updating content.
• Work with the staff, graphic designers, and printers to produce invitations, posters, brochures, and other printed materials.
• Coordinate design and production of all collateral materials, including but not limited to, visitor handouts, calendar of events, membership brochure, and advertising materials.
• Maintain online, electronic, and hard copies of materials containing all publicity related information about the museum (i.e., press kits and other materials).
• Produce monthly report of marketing efforts.
• Assist as needed with Museum special events and assist with member only event planning.
• Support public duties including opening and closing the buildings, working at the admissions desk, in the retail stores and greeting groups as needed.
• Understand, support and advocate for the mission and goals of the Museum.
• Project a professional and friendly attitude toward guests, staff, trustees, sponsors, and donors.
• Represent the Museum in professional circles and before the public in a manner that enhances the prestige and credibility of the Museum.
• Responsible for ensuring high standards of professionalism in all areas of responsibility.
• Remain current on museum profession policies, laws, and accepted practices.
• Responsible for keeping privileged information confidential.
• Coursework in communications, marketing, public relations, advertising, journalism, or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• One to three year’s direct experience in communications, marketing, public relations, advertising, journalism, or related field.
• Proficiency with online marketing including email programs, websites, and social media.
• Successful examples of project management including schedules and budgets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Thorough working knowledge of public relations and marketing project management and budgeting.
• Demonstrated proficiency in writing, creation of print media and graphic production.
• Ability to use a variety of software programs including desktop publishing, fundraising databases, email software Constant Contact and WordPress content development.
• Knowledge of advertising media, publication production, media relations.
• Solid writing, copy-editing, and proofreading skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Skilled at working as a team member on complex projects.
• Ability to work with the public courteously and effectively.
• Organized and detail oriented.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Valid driver’s license.
• Pass a criminal background check.
Office and museum gallery environment, standard hours worked generally between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday with extended hours and weekends probable. Limited daytime and overnight travel may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Organization/Company: Desert Caballeros Western Museum Website: http://www.westernmuseum.org Location: Wickenburg, AZ Deadline: Open until filled How to Apply: Please email resumes to [email protected]