The Arizona Commission on the Arts Internship Program provides emerging leaders in the arts with the opportunity to investigate and participate in the operations of a state arts agency. Through a combination of learning experiences, work projects, and group collaborations, interns develop essential skills, acquire valuable experience, and prepare to become the next generation of arts, nonprofit, and cultural leaders.
What is the Arizona Commission on the Arts?
One of 56 state and jurisdictional arts agencies across the United States, the Arizona Commission on the Arts is a 50-year-old agency of the State of Arizona and a leading force in the creative and professional development of Arizona’s arts sector. Through robust programs, research initiatives, and strategic grantmaking, the Arts Commission catalyzes arts-based partnerships that strengthen Arizona communities through the arts. For more information, visit our website at www.azarts.gov.
What does the Arts Commission look for in an intern?
The following are qualifications for any Arts Commission intern. Additional qualifications may apply to specific internship opportunities.
Arts Commission interns must…
- be individuals possessing interest and experience relevant to the opportunity;
- possess exemplary verbal and written communication skills;
- possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask; and
- possess the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
Arts Commission interns should be…
- assertive and resourceful self-starters;
- able to problem-solve and to fully engage in projects/tasks;
- comfortable using Microsoft Office products, such as Excel, Outlook, Word, and others; and
- comfortable working with or willing to learn to work with complex databases.
About the Internship:
Arts Commission currently seeks interns for Summer 2019. Interns will work from the Arts Commission offices,
located at 417 West Roosevelt Street, Phoenix AZ 85003. You may be eligible for
student course credit for your internship, however course/credit must be
identified and arranged by the intern with counsel from their academic advisor.
Organization/Company: Arizona Commission on the Arts Website: https://azarts.gov Location: Phoenix, AZ Deadline: May 24, 2019 at 5:00pm How to Apply: Visit https://azarts.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Call-for-Interns_Summer2019.pdf for complete details.