Theater Works is seeking a House Manager to assist in supervising Front of the House operations and volunteer staff while facilitating a fun and memorable theater experience for our patrons. TheaterWorks seeks an individual focused on exemplary customer service who is comfortable in a fast-paced, creative environment. House Manager will be scheduled approximately 30 hours per MONTH, typically one to two shifts per weekend.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and manage all Front of the House pre and post show needs between Patron Services, Stage Management and Volunteer Ushers to ensure a friendly and professional theatergoing experience.
• Ensure safety and well being of patrons, volunteers and staff before, during and after performances; including Evacuation and Medical procedures when necessary.
• Provide resources for patron needs and safety to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
• Supervise teams of Volunteer Ushers for the performance and communicate all pre & post performance duties and evacuation information in pre-show Usher Meeting.
• Inventory and balancing of funds for concessions for each performance.
• Monitor the Will Call line and assist Patron Services if there are patrons needing assistance.
• Exceed customer service expectations to ensure return business with our patrons.
• Compile information about performance for Managing Director.
• Working with Volunteer Coordinator regarding volunteer performance, attendance, and service goals and participate in orientations and special events.
• Prepare the Front of the House for the next performance.
• Secure the facility at the end of the shift.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Must be over 18 years of age.
• Prefer to have at least one year supervisory experience; cash handling.
• Excellent organizational skills and must be able to work independently.
• Outgoing, friendly, quick-thinking, solution-oriented personality with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced performing arts environment.
• Able to stand for long periods of time and lift a minimum of 35 pounds.
• Ability to reconcile patron concerns in a friendly, professional manner.
• Computer software skills, such as but not limited to MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
• Flexible schedule with Nights & Weekends required.
Location: Peoria, AZ
How to Apply: TO APPLY
Applicants for this position should send a resume and cover letter to:
10580 N. 83rd Drive
Peoria, AZ 85345
or to [email protected]