Who we are:
Scottsdale Arts was established in 1987 as a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) and has evolved into an organization with four dynamic operating branches that span the visual and performing arts. Through its four branches, Scottsdale Arts offers diverse, high-quality arts experiences to hundreds of thousands of Scottsdale residents and visitors annually in addition to fostering the active engagement of government, business, education, and the private sector in the arts.
What we offer:
Great company culture. Flexible and remote work available, we embrace work/life balance, DEIA is part of our strategic plan, opportunities to make meaningful change, employee recognition program,
Making an Impact. Everything you do, each day makes a difference in our community.
Location. Located in the heart of downtown Scottsdale, access to Civic Center Park, old town galleries, local restaurants, live venues and more.
Rest and relaxation. Paid vacation, 9 Paid Holidays + 5 Floating Holidays
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, FSA Account, 401K with employer match, Pet Healthcare, Gym Membership, Reciprocal membership with NARM and Local arts and culture organizations + 1 membership to share, Discounted tickets to events.
Opportunities for Growth. Mindset of internal growth and advancement.
Summary of Position:
Are you looking to work with a great tech team bringing exciting and diverse shows to the community? Do you have a passion for live audio engineering? Do you want to be a live audio engineer for a performance venue that presents all types of art? If so, then we are looking for you! Come join the Tech Department department at Scottsdale Arts as the Head Live Audio Engineer.
Important Details to Know:
· Compensation: Range $48,000-$52,000 DOE
· Shift/Hours: 40 hours per week, includes evenings & weekends when there are performances
· Job Type: Full-Time, Benefits Available
· Location: Scottsdale, AZ
· Covid: We require all employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted. Accommodation can be made for those with medical exemption and strongly held religious beliefs.
If you need assistance or accommodations during the recruitment process, please reach out to us at [email protected]
Here is what you will get to do:
· Work with the Scottsdale Arts Technical Team to bring all types of performances to the Phoenix Metro area in one of our many stages!
· You will be the primary Audio Engineer on shows ranging from rock, to jazz to dance!
· You will help maintain Scottsdale Arts’ inventory of state of the art audio equipment!
· You will work with the Scottsdale Arts tech team in the periodic maintenance of staging, lighting and video equipment!
· You will help to teach and lead the work of audio overhires and contract laborers.
· You will help ensure the success of the performance including, but not limited to advancing shows and any other duties as assigned!
Here is what you will need to be successful:
· Bachelor’s Degree in live sound engineering, or similar, or equivalent professional experience.
· 2+ years of experience in live sound.
· Demonstrated experience and knowledge of set-up and operation of stage sound and video required; lighting and rigging systems desirable. Knowledge of, and ability to perform, industry-standard stage management duties and best practices.
· Knowledge of install and operation of digital and analog consoles.
· Knowledge of and experience with mixing different genres of music.
Bonus if you possess the following:
Knowledge of: Digi-Design Venue, Avid Products and Software, Wireless Microphone Systems, Q-Lab show control software, Vectorworks, QSYS DSP, Yamaha Rivage Consoles, Shure Workbench, LA Manager, LogicProX.
Organization/Company: Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts Website: http://www.scottsdalearts.org Location: Scottsdale, AZ Deadline: Open until filled How to Apply: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1594032/Scottsdale-Cultural-Council/Head-Live-Audio-Engineer