Our Mission: The Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) enriches our world by collecting, preserving, and making accessible an astonishing variety of musical instruments and performance videos from every country in the world. MIM offers guests a welcoming and fun experience, incomparable interactive technology, dynamic programming, and exceptional musical performances. MIM fosters appreciation of the world’s diverse cultures by showing how we innovate, adapt, and learn from each other to create music—the language of the soul.
Background: MIM has been named one of the 2020 Top Companies To Work For in Arizona! We offer an engaging and collaborative work environment with a generous benefit package.
Joining the MIM Team means advocating for and assisting in achieving long-term sustainability of a premiere cultural destination with a national and international reputation. As MIM completes its tenth year of operation, it is an exciting and pivotal moment in the museum’s history. This role presents a unique opportunity for an accomplished grantwriting professional to join a world-class organization with an exceptionally talented team focused on advancing the mission of MIM for future generations.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement, this position serves as the strategic partner with MIM internal departments in facilitating the process of pursuing unrestricted and restricted funds for educational, operational, endowment, theater, and curatorial projects and programs to Foundations, Corporations, and Government entities.
• Works collaboratively with internal departments and team members in the conceptualization and development of proposals to ensure the best interests of MIM and internal departments are represented
• Creates and maintains a strategic plan that identifies and qualifies current and new funders annually that align with MIM programs, initiatives, and organizational needs
• Identifies and develops strategies to optimize grants administration process, ensuring a high-level of productivity and a robust pipeline of grantors for each calendar year.
• Partners with Strategic Data Specialist to perform prospect research on foundations, corporations, and government entities to evaluate targeted opportunities for grant funding.
• Performs all activities to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundations, corporations, and government entities.
• Works collaboratively with the Finance department and others to prepare financial budgets for grant proposals and ensure adherence to all federal and state regulations.
• Works closely with internal teams to structure and implement administrative grant requirements (e.g. Grant Summary sheets, Recognition Summary sheets, invoices, etc.).
• Develops, prepares, and submits timely and accurate reports for all grant funded projects, ensuring compliance with proposed outcomes and grantor recognition, to the maximum extent possible.
• Stewards current and potential grantors through the provision of regular written updates (newsletters, email touchpoints, phone calls) and on-site visits.
• Cultivates community relationships with foundation officers and other prospects, arranging onsite tours, lunches, and potential meetings with Executive Director
• Maintains current, detailed, and accurate records in Patron Manager database, electronic files on the Institutional Advancement shared drive, including grant tracking/reporting of all proposals.
• Tracks relevant statuses of grants in various stages, with periodic detailed reports to the Executive Director on fundraising progress.
• Tracks and maintains statistics for donor stewardship (guest numbers and demographics, educational program attendance, etc.)
• Conveys importance of MIM’s mission and value to the world community to potential grantors and other prospective funders
• Assists with other fundraising projects and duties as requested
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5-7 years grant writing experience that includes a proven track record of fundraising results
• Strong writing, editing, and interpersonal communications skills
• Excellent project management and organizational skills
• Proven analytical skills — translating data into compelling narrative form
• Ability to easily interact and perform in cross-functional teams, as well as leadership
• Knowledge of research techniques for grants and fundraising prospects, including experience with grants databases and applicable software
• Multi-tasker with strong ability to work under pressure, meet stated deadlines, and produce quality results with attention to detail and accuracy
• Positive attitude with a comprehensive understanding and appreciation for stewardship
• Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and the Internet.
Organization/Company: Musical Instrument Musuem (MIM) Website: http://www.mim.org Location: Phoenix, AZ Deadline: Open until filled How to Apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=618e6cec-0201-4f4a-8957-17b53a2a008e&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=396531&source=CC2&lang=en_US