- Document, communicate, and implement grants administration policies and procedures, including online workflow.
- Manage the application portal and grantee user profiles.
- Input or import funding requests (discretionary, responsive, Trust-initiated) into foundation system and perform required due diligence for each request.
- Code all requests based on the Trust’s current coding structure and continuously review consistency of data within the foundation management system. Handle requests that must be declined and prepare correspondence as needed.
- Work with other organization team members to maintain accurate electronic grant records (contacts, organizations, requests, etc.) and documentation in foundation system. Maintain accurate records of correspondence and payments for external auditors.
- Create payment and reporting requirements for approved grants and generate correspondence regarding award, payment, grant agreements, and reporting schedules.
- Prepare and distribute payments/correspondence for all grant payments.
- Monitor outstanding requirements in coordination with Director of Grants Management and program staff.
- Assist with preparation of monthly Board materials including agendas, standard reports or other requests for information from the foundation management database.
- Coordinate grants management meetings as requested.
- Seek/maintain awareness and understanding of the Trust’s mission, goals, initiatives, and program work.
- Contribute to and/or complete special projects as assigned.
A degree is preferred (bachelor’s, associate’s, or a degree in progress). Accounting experience is strongly desired. Expertise in database management (e.g., Microsoft Dynamics) and experience working in a professional setting is a plus.
The Successful Candidate Demonstrates
- Ability to accurately gather, analyze, and report on complex information.
- Ability to consistently handle organizational information with sound judgement and discretion.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and continuously assess and deliver on changing priorities.
- A detail-oriented approach to work (e.g., excellent proofreading skills).
- Effective critical thinking.
- Self-motivation to take initiative in all areas of responsibility.
- Maturity and sensitivity to work with diverse personalities in highly collaborative team environment.
- Interest in training and development opportunities to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Group presentation skills; ability to thoughtfully participate in meetings and discussions.
- Appreciation of the funder/grantee relationship and understanding of inherent power dynamics.
- Attributes of s servant leader and an understanding that grantmaking is a service to the community.
The Grants Management Associate is a professional, full-time, exempt position; salary is competitive and will correlate to experience. Piper Trust also provides a generous comprehensive health benefits and retirement package. The Trust conducts a pre-employment background check and observes a 90-day introductory period for all positions.
Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust is a private foundation and an equal opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are afforded equal opportunities for employment without discrimination of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic established by law.
Organization/Company: Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust Website: http://pipertrust.org Location: Phoenix, AZ Deadline: Open until filled How to Apply: View online job description at: pipertrust.org/employment. Email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references as a single Word or PDF document to: [email protected] Piper Trust is interested in learning about the effectiveness of reaching applicants for its position openings, as such, please indicate how you learned about this position opening (name of website, etc.) in your cover letter (note this is optional). Application deadline: Open until filled.