About Arizona Theatre Company:
Arizona Theatre Company is the official State Theatre of Arizona, Arizona’s only fully professional theatre company, and a member of the respected League of Resident Theatres (LORT). Productions take place in both Tucson (at the historic Temple of Music and Art) and Phoenix (at the Herberger Theater Center). ATC maintains offices in both cities.
The Grant Writer plays a vital role in ATC’s Development Team, which is responsible for raising $3.25 million annually in contributed funds. Grant Writer Responsibilities: The Grant Writer job is a full-time position that reports directly to the Chief Development Officer. The Grant Writer will be responsible for researching, writing, and coordinating the grant application process, management of proposals, and maintaining a donor database.
• Creation of high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, reports, and supporting documents. Compiling and assembling financial information and program data to support requests.
• Understanding the current programs and future initiatives of the company to match projects with funders.
• Researching, collecting data, and writing of stellar grant applications.
• Managing a busy calendar of deadlines and ensure timely submission of applications for funding.
• Research Funder follow up and relationship management
• Funder prospect research
• Participate in development planning, monitoring income related to grants. Work with the team to develop a strategy for increasing grant funding.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in research and grant writing; nonprofit experience a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals; Knowledge of Arizona area foundations, government funders and corporations a plus
• Detail-oriented, organized, and deadline-driven
• Clear, precise and compelling written and verbal communications skills
In addition, there will be a need for the Grant Writer to undertake administrative projects and tasks related to the overall flow and work plan of the Development Department, in a variety of program areas.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Donor and Customer Focus:
• The ability to pursue excellence in donor and customer satisfaction by placing a high value on deep relationships that build rapport with ATC donors; Confidentiality.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Attention to detail is KEY.
• Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances while working in a fast-paced setting.
• As the support needed from this position will sometimes be short notice, strong initiative and problem-solving is a must.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
• Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for a diverse number of projects and complete them on time.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
• Arts or theatre experience provides unique insights and understanding.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 and Patron Manager (Salesforce).
Organization/Company: Arizona Theatre Company
Location: Phoenix, AZ or Tucson, AZ
Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: Application Procedure:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to [email protected] and reference "Grant Writer" in the subject line. Arizona Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes all qualified employees and values diversity of all kinds.
For more information, please visit https://arizonatheatre.org/atc-careers/