Reports to Managing Director
Salary Range $35,000 – $40,000 (commensurate with experience)
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Front of House Lead
• Ensures all policies, procedures and training reflect the values of TheaterWorks as it relates to patrons, House Managers, bartenders, volunteers and the Front of House
• Works alongside Box Office Manager, Stage Manager, and other theater staff to fulfill Front of House needs for all TheaterWorks events and performances as well as PCPA events, ensuring an exceptional experience for both renter and audience member
• Recruit, hire, train, schedule and supervise House Manager staff
• Help to resolve patron issues to the most satisfactory outcome for patron and theater
• Provides leadership in emergency situations
• Ensures adequate staffing for all events and performances
• Responsible for the training of staff and execution of Emergency Policies and Procedures as it relates to FOH
• Fulfil the duties of a House Manager
• Ensures all House Managers are fully informed and prepared for each performance and shift to ensure exceptional event execution, volunteer management and audience experience
• Exhibits excellent customer service to all audiences
• Ensures exceptional overall appearance of public theater spaces
• Works alongside presiding House Manager to complete and distribute House Manager report for each performance
• Work alongside Marketing Director and Managing Director on the execution and acquisition of any merchandise sales
• Works alongside Development Manager to provide benefits for donors and VIP patrons
• Support for all departments of the theater as necessary
Food and Beverage Manager
• Maintain inventory for concessions and bar
• Hiring and training staff to provide excellent service to patrons.
• Creating effective schedules and ensuring that bar is well staffed.
• Setting and enforcing quality and safety controls.
• Acting as bartender when necessary
• Analyze sales to take advantage of patron preferences in both refreshments and alcohol sales.
• Assess bar for revenue opportunities
• Create an enticing bar menu with specialty cocktails
• Create and manage budget with optimum revenue generation
• Help create sales and promotional opportunities through drink and refreshment specials, special offers, drink or refreshment intermission pre-orders and other opportunities.
• Provide adequate sales reports to Managing Director
• Recruit, coordinate, schedule and manage volunteers for all departmental needs including performance ushers, administrative support and back of house volunteers
• Ensure the proper training of ushers for exceptional execution of performances, rentals, evacuation, and emergency procedures.
• Act as the main point of contact for all volunteers as well as ensuring timely and complete communication
• Maintain all forms and applications as well as ensure all proper training of volunteers
• Maintain volunteer tracking reports
• Organize all volunteer orientation and appreciation events
• Exemplary customer service skills
• Effective communicator
• Computer and internet proficiency
• A genuine interest in and knowledge of the theater
• Proven strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Strong inter and intrapersonal skills
• A creative problem-solver
• Self-directed and eager to grow
• Willing to take ownership over projects and has exemplary follow through
• Ability to work solo and as part of a team
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
QUALIFICATIONS A successful candidate will have experience in a customer service atmosphere, operations, project management, event management or a related field. They will have proven initiative and will be a highly organized, self-driven, team player with high energy and a positive attitude. The ideal candidate will be flexible with the ability to work independently and as part of a team and is able to work successfully under pressure to find creative and efficient solutions. The position requires four years minimum professional or related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience. Theater experience a plus.
POSITION This is a full-time position requiring attendance at performances and events during nights and weekends on a regular basis. Benefits Include:
• Team environment. You get to work at a theater!
• Paid Time Off
• Holiday Pay
• Health Insurance
• Flexible Work Schedule
• Professional Development Opportunities
Employment Requirements: Due to our work with young people, all serious candidates must submit to a background criminal check. To support the health and safety of our staff and the communities we serve, TheaterWorks has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees.
TheaterWorks is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
Organization/Company: TheaterWorks Website: https://theaterworks.org/about/jobs/ Location: Peoria, AZ Deadline: December 6, 2021 How to Apply: Please send a cover letter stating why you think you are the best fit for this position, along with a resume Cate Hinkle at [email protected]