ProMusica Arizona Chorale & Orchestra is searching for an Executive Director to help us grow and reach even more people with our music. Working approximately 20 hours per week with our Artistic Director (“AD”), Volunteer Board of Directors (“BOD”), Musician Members, Audience, Supporters, and Community at large, the ideal candidate will share our passion for authentic, effective connections within the arts community and our organization.
As our next Executive Director, you’ll have the opportunity to:
– Work with a talented and dedicated team of musicians and volunteers who are committed to bringing live music to the community.
– Help shape the future of ProMusica Arizona by contributing your organizational skills and leadership.
– Grow professionally and make a meaningful impact on the arts community.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and supervises an administrative assistant who works 10 hours per week.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Development and Fundraising
Work with the BOD Development Committee to develop, coordinate, and execute a comprehensive strategy of financial development and support:
– Coordinate Individual Donor Annual Campaign;
– Cultivate, secure, and sustain corporate sponsorships;
– Secure concert sponsorships for upcoming season;
– Prepare foundation and government grant requests and reports;
– Develop materials to support development efforts;
– Identify and pursue new sources of contributed income from individuals, corporations, foundations/grants;
– Identify and pursue program advertisers;
– Cultivate and nurture ongoing relationships with donors, advertisers, and other PMAZ family members.
Work with BOD Marketing Committee to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to market PMAZ concerts throughout our market area:
– Oversee box office and front of house operations;
– Oversee implementation of the comprehensive programmatic marketing plan, including press releases, advertising, calendar listings, brochures/postcards, public service announcements, e-blasts, website updating/maintenance, radio/TV advertising;
– Analyze audience and program profile to identify the type of programmatic marketing (informational or missionary) required for each concert;
– Oversee implementation of each concert’s informational or missionary marketing plan;
– Monitor progress of each concert’s marketing plan.
Work with BOD Marketing Committee to develop and implement an institutional marketing program designed to increase awareness and visibility of PMAZ and to enhance respect for PMAZ in the community:
– Utilize outreach programs, collaborations with other arts organizations and social service organizations to increase awareness by corporations, grant sources, and the general public;
– Develop ongoing relationships with arts peers in the community;
– Represent PMAZ at community functions and Chamber of Commerce meetings;
– Act as spokesperson for PMAZ to the media, government agencies, corporate community, foundations, funders and local school community;
– Verbally support PMAZ and its leadership in all contacts with donors and the community at large.
Work with BOD Treasurer and Finance Committee to manage financial operations in accordance with approved budget and governmental regulations:
– Assist in preparation of annual budget for upcoming season;
– Monitor administrative, box office, marketing, and development expenses to assure budget compliance;
– Prepare annual corporate report;
– Assist with preparation of annual federal and state tax filings;
– Assist in preparation of the annual AZ Cultural Data report;
– File annual AZ corporate report in a timely manner.
Long-range Planning, Meetings, Record-keeping
– Attend all Board meetings and Committee meetings as appropriate;
– Prepare bi-monthly report for BOD;
– Meet monthly August through May with AD to keep lines of communication open and to coordinate artistic planning with marketing, development and administrative matters;
– Recruit, train, and oversee administrative, marketing and development volunteers for the organization;
– Work with Secretary to maintain records of the corporation;
– Assist Board Chair with development and implementation of 3-year strategic plan; revisit the planning process and reconstruct the plan every three years;
– Work with the Board Chair to monitor progress toward implementation of the strategic plan.
Please visit https://www.pmaz.org/now-hiring/ for more details.
Organization/Company: ProMusica Arizona Chorale & Orchestra Website: https://www.pmaz.org Location: Phoenix, AZ (Hybrid) Deadline: June 15, 2023 How to Apply: To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]