Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is the leader of Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona (AFTSA), leading the organization with a vision that will inspire our community and its artists.
An environment that values our diverse arts and culture, which creates a sense of unique place and vitality. A region where participation in arts/ culture is the norm for residents and visitors. A place where arts/culture organizations and individual artists bring their creative talent and power to build community and solve problems. A society where arts and artists are an essential driver of equitable economic growth in Southern Arizona. A community that looks to the Arts Foundation for leadership as an “arts and culture hub.” A populace that sufficiently supports arts and culture organizations and individual artists with the financial and capacity-building resources they need to thrive.
To advance artistic expression, civic participation, and equitable economic growth of our diverse community by supporting, promoting, and advocating for arts and culture in our region.
The Executive Director:
- Is AFTSA’s Chief Strategy Officer and Evangelist.
- Leverages the power of relationships and networks in the Southwest and beyond for fundraising, advocacy, and impact.
- Works across government, private and corporate sectors.
- Demonstrates broad business acumen and management skills, and is effective at maintaining financial strength and transparency.
- Is dedicated to establishing and achieving shared and measurable goals.
- Is the steward of the brand and understands her/his/their role in growing and protecting the reputation of AFTSA.
- Is the protector and promoter of Southern Arizona’s unique cultural diversity.
- Proven success at managing and mobilizing a diverse set of stakeholders, including partners, community members, corporate leaders, funders, and staff at every level. • Demonstrated public presentation skills and the ability to exhibit diplomacy, executive presence, and command the confidence and respect of stakeholders.
- Experience successfully driving revenue growth, primarily through philanthropy. Experience required in successfully soliciting and managing government contracts and grants at the local, state, and federal level, as well as individual fundraising.
- Demonstrated passion for issues relevant to the AFTSA: art creation, arts education, nonprofit arts management, grantmaking, advocacy, and community building through the arts.
- Adept at building relationships and collaborating across multiple sectors, including nonprofit, public, and corporate environments.
- Must demonstrate a high level of intellectual curiosity as well as a desire to explore new ideas and innovative approaches to problem-solving.
- Demonstrated success in executive leadership.
- Education: College degree; commensurate experience managing a nonprofit organization.
- No fewer than 10 years of successful and progressive experience as a manager of people, funds and facilities; proven excellent supervisory experience; experience, knowledge and demonstrated ability in fundraising, community development, and problem solving.
- Understanding of Salesforce desired, as well as other office tools including Trello, Slack and Microsoft Office tools.
- Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of standard background screenings and reference checks.
Organization/Company: Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona
Location: Tucson, AZ
Deadline: January 26, 2018 5pm Mountain Time.
How to Apply: Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references that include at least two direct supervisors and one staff member who reported directly to you.
Applications should be emailed to: Executive@artsfoundtucson.org, with the subject line: Executive Director