Berkeley Symphony seeks a creative, analytical, and ambitious Director of Marketing & Communications. In partnership with the Associate Executive Director, this full-time, management position is responsible for the strategy, management, and execution of marketing, sales, and communication programs aimed at generating consistent revenue growth, increasing brand awareness and acquiring and retaining audience members. This position also oversees the Patron Services department which is responsible for ticketing, box office reporting, and donor recordkeeping and communication.
Successful candidates will be highly creative and skilled at engaging audience members and patrons through effective storytelling in print and digital media. Core job responsibilities include: creation and oversight of print, electronic, and social media campaign planning; analytics, evaluation, and reporting; content creation; press and media relations; and budget management. As a member of the Berkeley Symphony team, the Director of Marketing & Communications provides the best possible customer service and support to all constituencies of the organization.
Responsibilities: The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for the following duties, as well as additional ones, as assigned:
- Develop annual work plans and budgets for all marketing, sales, and fundraising campaigns
- For campaigns, set measurable goals, implement tactics for measurement and A/B testing, and analyze effectiveness and ROI
- Lead the concept development, production, and distribution of all promotional and communications efforts, including print/physical, electronic (email, social media), media campaigns, and press engagements
- Develop rich written content aimed at telling the story of the Symphony and engaging audiences for publication through print, web and social media channels; develop visual collateral in-house, as needed
- Manage Berkeley Symphony written and visual brand standards
- Utilizing the TRG Arts Data Center, Google Analytics, email provider, and other tools, conduct audience research and segmentation to increase market penetration and efficiency
- Supervise the Patron Services Manager and efforts related to subscription/season ticket and single ticket campaigns, including telesales and in-house mailings
- Work in partnership with third-party vendors, including graphic designers, printers, mail houses, photographers, videographers, concert program annotators, media channels, and an advertising sales firm, among others, on the creation, management, and publication of assets and collateral
- Represent Berkeley Symphony at concert, donor, industry and civic events, as needed
Reporting Structure: The Director of Marketing & Communications reports to the Associate Executive Director and has one direct report, the Patron Services Manager.
FLSA Status and Availability: Full time and FLSA exempt. The position is available immediately.
Compensation: Compensation, including medical, dental, and vision benefits, is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Organization/Company: Berkeley Symphony
Location: Berkeley, CA
Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume by email in PDF or Word formats to [email protected] Please, no phone calls or hard copy/physical mail submission. This position is open until filled.
Complete description at https://jobs.musicalamerica.com/job/director-of-marketing-communications/47178439/