Scottsdale Arts, one of the largest umbrella arts organizations in Arizona, seeks a hands on, dynamic professional to lead and champion our organization through development and outreach. Our unique structure with multidisciplinary arts experiences offers a qualified candidate the opportunity to work with visual art, performing art, public art and educational services. The Director of Development leads a sizable department while still maintaining a personal working relationship with constituents.
Scottsdale Arts was established in 1987 as a private, nonprofit management company contracted by the City of Scottsdale to independently administer its arts and cultural affairs. Since then, Scottsdale Arts has become a regionally and nationally significant arts organization with three principal operating divisions – each with a distinct focus and mission – spanning the performing and visual arts: Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA), Scottsdale Public Art and Scottsdale Arts Educational Outreach. The success of Scottsdale Arts is grounded in the concept of partnership and an ongoing mission to create connections between artists and audiences through diverse, high-quality arts experiences and educational and outreach opportunities. We have exciting multi million dollar opportunities with amazing growth scheduled for the next few years, and the Director of Development will be an integral part of our continued expansion.
To be successful, the candidate must have a proven track record of growing contributed revenue and leading development efforts to new levels of success. Extensive work with growing and cultivating corporate donors is an essential element, and previous capital campaign experience is highly desired.
The Director of Development is Scottsdale Arts’ leader in the area of fundraising/development and responsible for the implementation of a comprehensive fund raising and development strategy based on a relational driven process of moves management. The Director of Development serves on our Senior Management Team and works closely with the President, Board of Trustees, and Advisory Boards. A solid network of foundation, corporate and individual relationships is preferred. Our Director of Development will utilize the skills and abilities of our diverse stakeholders and build upon the relationships to further our mission to develop, advance and deliver high quality arts, cultural experiences and opportunities.
Knowledge and abilities needed to be successful in this position:
– Proven track record of making successful asks on behalf of an organization
– Development of short and long term development plans and goals
– Develops overall strategic plan for campaign models that supports the organizational goals
– Directly manages personal portfolio of prospects and donors.
– Works in coordination with the President, Board, and Development Committee to further advance organization’s fund raising efforts.
– Collaborates extensively with internal staff to ensure resources are allocated appropriately for development needs within the organization.
– Extensive experience in reporting, financial acumen and metrics driven results.
– Proven success in coordinating with marketing and communications to provide maximum impact to organization’s efforts.
Qualities needed for the position include:
– Exceptional communication skills, with particular emphasis on interaction with both 1:1 and group settings
– Excellent organizational abilities with strong initiative driven method of work production.
– Proven capability of working with database driven information (Tessitura knowledge extremely helpful)
– Ability to lead, influence, inspire and negotiate through example and mentoring
– Knowledge, passion and desire to work in support of visual and performing arts
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree along with proven experience with progressively increasing responsibility and oversight of a department. Experience must include active supervision and leading of others to reach departmental goals. The ability to work flexible hours is required.
The Director of Development position is full time, with a rich benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental life insurance, long term disability and more! We offer a 401K after a year’s employment and a Paid Time Off Program with a full holiday schedule. Salary competitive and commensurate with experience.
Organization/Company: Scottsdale Arts Website: http://scottsdalearts.org Location: Scottsdale, AZ Deadline: Open until filled How to Apply: Link to apply is: https://sccarts.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/6bf7f1c1-5b12-0472-32b2-010c9a6d298d/apply?source=1230024-CS-20610 or they can send salary requirements, cover letter and resume to [email protected]