Childsplay, an internationally acclaimed ensemble-based professional theatre for young audiences located in Tempe, Arizona (Greater Phoenix) seeks a proactive, creative individual to lead our Development Team. The Director of Development is responsible for all fundraising activities, including individual, corporate, foundation and government giving, capital, planned giving, and fundraising events and who works with the Managing Director, Artistic Director, the Major Donor Committee, the Annual Gala Committee and the Board of Trustees.
• Develop, plan, and implement annual and long-range strategies to ensure Childsplay achieves its fundraising goals;
• Represent Childsplay by cultivating and deepening relationships throughout Greater Phoenix, State of Arizona and the national philanthropic community;
• Identify, cultivate and strategize solicitations of major gift prospects; maintain and manage a professional portfolio of high-level prospects including individuals and institutions;
• Collaborate with marketing and communications colleagues to develop and implement strategies and materials to ensure that communications reflect and amplify Childsplay’s fundraising brands and effectively engage current and prospective donors;
• Oversee development events including the annual Gala, opening performance gatherings, Donor Society events, and donor recognition, stewardship, and solicitation events.
• Identify and recruit volunteers, including Trustees, to support development events.
• Support the Board of Trustees and Managing Director in the identification, cultivation and recruitment of new Board Members and assist in Board orientation and fundraising training.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A passion for the arts, education, and Childsplay’s mission with the ability to advocate for arts and youth in our community
• At least three years in a progressively advancing fundraising position, preferably in an arts organization but not required;
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills; effectiveness in written and oral presentation.
• Excellent quantitative skills and a commitment to use analytical tools to make sound data driven decisions;
• A strong commitment to fundraising ethics.
• Strong understanding of computer and constituent software.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred or extensive related experience.
• A valid driver’s license and an independent background check are required.
You’ll be a great fit if:
• You have a passion and enthusiasm for theatre, arts, education, and young people
• You are a critical thinker with an ability to problem solve
• You thrive in collaborative environments
• You are comfortable with multi-tasking
• You stay calm under pressure
• You are self-directed and eager to grow.
• You are enthusiastic about being part of a learning organization
This is a full-time exempt position. Salary is commensurate with that of a mid-sized arts organization with a $3 million annual budget and includes a benefits package. The company offers multiple ongoing meaningful opportunities for professional development and learning for all employees. We encourage candidates from a diversity of races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and religious affiliations to apply.
More information at https://www.childsplayaz.org/employment
Location: Tempe, AZ
How to Apply: Applicants will submit a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 professional references via email with the subject line Director of Development to Steve Martin, Managing Director at [email protected] Please be aware, as the hiring process progresses, qualified applicants will be required to submit a writing sample. Interviews will begin the week of June 17, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit applications prior to June 13, 2019 to guarantee consideration for the job.
No phone calls please, We will contact candidates whose skill sets, education, and experience meets the requirements for the job. Childsplay is an equal opportunity employer committed to nondiscrimination hiring practices that support underrepresented arts professionals. We encourage candidates from a diversity of races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and religious affiliations to apply.
Visit our website at www.childsplayaz.org for additional information about the company, our programs, and our work in the community.