Central Arts Alliance (CAA) provides arts and culture opportunities for all through education, programming, and advocacy. CAA is governed by a Board of Directors and includes approximately 19 staff members, 100+ contractors/teaching artists, and serves over 3,000 students annually at two campus locations: Phoenix Center for the Arts in downtown Phoenix and Thunderbird Arts Center in north Phoenix, as well as throughout the state via the Arizona Art Mobile. CAA works to eliminate barriers to arts and cultural opportunities through accessible tuition pricing and reduced-fee programming to qualified individuals. We also strive to strengthen the Phoenix arts and culture community, while providing a home to multiple community arts and culture organizations.
Central Arts Alliance seeks a Director of Development who will report to the Chief Executive Officer. The Director of Development is responsible for planning, directing, and implementing a comprehensive Development program and developing talented team members focused on the goal of significantly increasing donor engagement and fundraising outcomes. CAA seeks a seasoned professional to work with the CEO and the Board Development Committee to drive new revenue, maintain and elevate donors, and expand Development capabilities.
Candidates with strong connections to the community that CAA serves will be given preferential consideration. Bilingual-Spanish speaking is a plus. Strong presentation skills to serve as event chair, spokesperson, and community advocate are required.
- Lead, manage, and inspire a small staff working in conjunction with other departments in alignment with the overall CAA mission.
- Develop and oversee City of Phoenix partnerships in conjunction with the CEO.
- Serve as a staff liaison to the Board Development Committee.
- Strengthen and ensure dynamic processes and strategies for Development in all phases of donor qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship in a manner that is integrated across the organization.
- Help identify, implement, and track key performance indicators for Development.
- Establish priorities for Marketing & Communications support as they pertain to Development, by jointly overseeing marketing and audience development, social media campaigns, publications (Annual Report), creative design, public relations, and web and digital strategies.
- Maintain and grow a dynamic portfolio of high net worth individuals, securing major, principal, and planned gifts through effective donor identification, qualification, cultivation, and solicitation.
- Grow major gifts and corporate gifts through Board Development Committee and community engagement.
- Steward relationships with local leaders, businesses, community members, and other stakeholders, and build relationships between these groups & individuals and CAA, serving as an exemplary advocate in the community.
- Advance CAA’s mission and vision, ensuring integration through Development, including donor campaigns and special events.
- Oversee and direct all channels of fundraising, including individual giving/annual fund, major and principal gifts, planned-giving, corporate and foundation relations, special events (including the production of the ‘Best of Show’ Awards at Phoenix Festival of the Arts, the Mayor’s Arts Awards, and all other CAA-produced fundraising events) and sponsorships.
- Develop annual plans and budgets, ensure organizational planning and alignment.
- Create, track, and report progress on a regular basis to the Board of Directors.
- Minimum 10 years of experience fundraising, ideally within the arts and with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies with a record of leadership and accomplishment, and ability to capitalize on and move forward with CAA’s goals related to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- Experience directing or supporting major capital campaigns.
- CFRE – Certified Fund Raising Executives training preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and donor CRM packages.
- Comprehensive understanding of best practices in Marketing and Events.
- Experience producing/directing large-scale events
- Strong written and verbal communication with equally strong presentation and PR skills.
- Attentive and active listening skills.
- Master’s degree in nonprofit management, the arts or business management (desired).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Seniority Level: Executive
Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000 (depends on experience)
Instructions to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references via email to [email protected] No phone calls or third-party solicitations, please.
November 30, 2019 at 3:00PM MST Employment Verification:
Central Arts Alliance will conduct a screening that may include work history, academic credentials and personal references. We will also complete a background check: this includes a criminal background check and verification of past work history, etc. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of all background checks.
Central Arts Alliance understands the broader meaning of equity as: Access to the resources needed to thrive such as education, employment, healthcare, food, clean water, housing, and arts & culture.
The board, staff, instructors, and volunteers are committed to equitable practices in everything we do. Our actions to strive for more equitable practices may include, but not be limited to:
- Listening to the needs of our vastly diverse community
- Aspiring to educate those who work with us, using tools such as readings, videos, etc.
- Addressing any inequitable behavior not in alignment with our core values
Arts and cultural education for all ages and stages of life. Cultural diversity.
Respect for the individual, community, and environment.
Central Arts Alliance is committed to making programs accessible for all participants.
Organization/Company: Central Arts Alliance Website: https://phoenixcenterforthearts.org/ Location: Phoenix, AZ Deadline: November 30, 2019 How to Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references via email to [email protected]xcenterforthearts.org. No phone calls or third-party solicitations, please.