Fox Tucson Theatre
Director of Development and External Relations
The historic Fox Tucson Theatre is seeking a passionate, strategic individual to join our team at a critical phase in our 90-year history at the heart of Tucson’s vibrant, revitalized downtown. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development and External Relations will be responsible for planning, developing, and implementing comprehensive strategies to increase individual, corporate, and institutional investments in The Fox as Tucson’s “Crown Jewel.” S/he will direct broad external communications initiatives that support the organization’s strategic goals, enhance the organization’s visibility, and cultivate The Fox Tucson brand as a southwest regional performing arts leader and a Tucson flagship, legacy institution.
The Director of Development and External Relations will work collaboratively with Program, Production, and Administration to ensure that development and overall institutional communications strategies are aligned with mission, vision, and values. S/he will 1) manage the day-to-day activity of all development operations, including supervision of Development Associate(s); 2) provide collaborative strategic leadership, in partnership with the Executive Director, of institutional communications functions, and 3) design and manage increased opportunities for relational engagement with The Fox and its programs among varied community stakeholders.
This is a newly created, full-time exempt position with a salary range of $60,000 – $70,000 plus health and paid time off benefits.
Significantly enhance relational engagement with The Fox Tucson Theatre, shaping opportunities that build overall public participation in the organization’s mission and programs; and diversify revenue streams via new individual, corporate, and foundation relationships while maintaining and deepening existing relationships.
• At least 3 and preferably 5 years of progressive leadership experience in a non-profit arts organization with a successful track record in fundraising, development operations, communications, and community engagement.
• Proven experience designing and implementing strategic fundraising programs that incorporate individual, foundation, corporate, special events, and non-traditional fundraising sources.
• Demonstrated commitment to arts and cultural programming as a vital community service, and track record in improving access and ownership for populations that have been historically underrepresented at the Fox.
• Detailed knowledge of the national and regional arts funding landscape.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, with experience managing communications, marketing and social media strategies to promote an organization’s mission and profile.
• Capacity to think strategically and quickly identify viable funding opportunities while balancing competing priorities with limited resources.
• Ability to work autonomously and take initiative in an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment.
• Engaging personality that can cultivate strong relationships and work successfully in partnership with a range of stakeholders, including Board members, donors, and staff.
Organization/Company: Fox Tucson Theatre Foundation Website: http://www.Foxtucson.com Location: Tucson, AZ Deadline: June 3, 2020 How to Apply: Submit cover letter, resume and up to one page summary description of a successful change initiative you carried through to [email protected] Preference given to applications received by June 3rd, 2020