• Maintain call for artists, schedules, and hanging for rotating art exhibits in various West Valley locations
• Assist with day-to-day gallery and office administration operations
• Hang and assist with curating the exhibits
• Create information labels and signage for exhibits
• Work with marketing on publicity materials for exhibitions
• Arrange the return of artwork, ie. call/email artists
• Help with setting up/cleaning up exhibit receptions
• Data entry
• Performing other duties as assigned
•Background in the arts preferred
•Excellent oral and written communication skills
•Strong organizational and computer abilities
•Self-starter and ability to work well with others
Hours are flexible and average approximately 15-20 hours per week. The ideal applicant would be available for two semesters.
Compensation: Benefits include a $500 stipend available at the end of each completed semester, the opportunity to gain great experience. This internship may also satisfy requirements for earning college credit.
Organization/Company: West Valley Arts Council
Location: Surprise, AZ
Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: Interns are chosen each semester.
How to Apply: Interested persons should email resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org