The Opportunity Tree is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that provides services for adults and youth with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We have three centers that offer daytime programs in Phoenix, Casa Grande and Maricopa, Arizona. We also have Group Homes and Individually Designed Living Arrangements in Phoenix, Casa Grande and Maricopa that provide full-time living assistance for individuals.
The Creative Arts Program Instructor is responsible for leading the art classes in Phoenix for the Members of the Day Training for Adults program (DTA). The position is responsible for managing and supervising the fine art and ceramics studios. This will be 20 hour a week position that can be flexible within the hours of 8a-5p, Monday-Friday.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Lead the Creative Arts classes in Phoenix.
2. Collects and analyzes the Creative Arts curriculum results in collaboration with the Manager of Cultural Programs and Community Engagement.
3. Develops and implements strategies to expand the Creative Arts Program to include a variety of media.
4. Coordinates and schedules arts opportunities in the community.
5. Manages and supervises the ceramics studio as needed.
6. Collaborates with the Manager of Cultural Programs and Development to facilitate current community partnerships.
7. Maintains confidentiality of information regarding Members and The Opportunity Tree.
8. Advocates on behalf of the Members and their families to ensure individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities have a voice.
Organization/Company: The Opportunity Tree Website: https://theopportunitytree.org/ Location: Phoenix, AZ Deadline: Open until filled How to Apply: Please email a resume and cover letter to Taylor Buttrey - Manager of Cultural Programs and Community Engagement at: [email protected]