The Creative Arts Program Assistant Manager is responsible for leading the art classes in Phoenix for the Members of the Day Training for Adults program (DTA). The position is responsible for managing and supervising the digital and ceramics studios.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Lead the Creative Arts classes in Phoenix.
2. Collects and analyzes the Creative Arts curriculum results in collaboration with the Manager of Cultural Programs and Development.
3. Develops and implements strategies to expand the Creative Arts Program to include a variety of media.
4. Coordinates and schedules arts opportunities in the community.
5. Manages and supervises the digital studio as needed.
6. Manages and supervises the ceramics studio as needed.
7. Collaborates with the Manager of Cultural Programs and Development to facilitate current community partnerships.
8. Maintains confidentiality of information regarding Members and The Opportunity Tree.
9. Advocates on behalf of the Members and their families to ensure individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities have a voice.
10. Compliant with attendance rules.
11. Promote and maintain a collaborative and respectful working environment and a line of communications with all stakeholders of The Opportunity Tree.
12. Comply and enforce the Policies, Procedures, and Regulations of The Opportunity Tree.
13. Other job duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of 18 years of age.
2. Current driver license with Non-Restricted Vehicle Record and compliance per the requirements of The Opportunity Tree’s insurance carrier.
3. Communicate in English; speech, write and read.
4. Experience: One (1) year preferred in the Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) field.
5. Education: High School diploma or GED required, Two of Four year degree preferred with a preference in fine arts, graphic media or ‘new media’.
6. Working knowledge of painting, drawing, ceramics, and photography preferred.
7. Knowledge: Intermediate in MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, web browser (experience with other required software).
8. Personal enthusiasm for participation in a non-profit organization, which provides services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
9. Positive attitude and ability to represent The Opportunity Tree effectively in the community. Ability to work collaboratively as a team member with Members, staff, families, funders and stakeholders.
10. Successful completion and maintain all required training which may include CPR, First Aid, Article 9 and Prevention and Support.
11. Successfully meet AZ-DPS requirements for Fingerprint Clearance Card.
12. Reliable transportation and travel for The Opportunity Tree business.
13. Supervisory skills to include but not limited to knowledge of management principles in staff interaction and task productivity, leadership abilities, problem identification and resolution administration
Organization/Company: The Opportunity Tree Website: http://theopportunitytree.org Location: Phoenix, AZ Deadline: 06/30/2019 How to Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to, Tom Micnhimer - Director of Human Resources, at [email protected]