The main duties of the Community Engagement Coordinator are to provide clerical, administrative, and programmatic support. This position works closely with Community Engagement Interns, the Community Engagement Assistant, and Teaching Artists as well as other departments, specifically the Artistic staff, School of Ballet Arizona, Marketing, and Development, in addition to outside agencies for the purpose of research, coordination, and general support of programming. Work requires strong communication skills, effective time-management, organizational skills, working knowledge of ballet, and the ability to teach ballet classes to diverse ages and abilities.
Community Engagement Coordinator Responsibilities Include:
• Manage logistics for on and off-site community events or programs, such as scheduling, registration, internal/external communication, and day-of coordination
• Maintain positive relations with existing community partners and provide support for new connections
• Collaborate and supply content related to community engagement initiatives for Company newsletters, social media, collateral, and other correspondences as directed
• Provide input on community engagement strategic goals, programs, opportunities, and events.
• Support Community Engagement programs, including preparation, implementation, delivery, teaching, or coordination of programs on and off-site under the direction of the Community Engagement Manager
• Teach and/or assist with ballet classes for diverse ages and abilities, including in classes that take place non-traditional dance spaces.
• Gather and implement different modes of evaluation, including testimonial and data-driven information at community events or programs for reporting needs
• Perform general office/clerical duties including, but not limited to: answering phone and email inquiries; generating reports, presentations, and various project deliverables; update and maintain documentation; enter data into database as required.
• Utilize Tessitura for Ticketing/Reporting functions
• Maintain polite and professional communication
• Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Experience:
Working knowledge of Classical Ballet required
Experience teaching ballet in a range of settings to all ages required
Arizona Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance required or be able to obtain one upon being hired
1-2 years experience in dance, education and/or arts administration preferred
Experience with Tessitura a plus
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work well under limited supervision
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Reporting to this Position: No Direct Reports
Organization/Company: Ballet Arizona Website: https://balletaz.org/ Location: Phoenix, AZ Deadline: 12/31/2022 How to Apply: Qualified applicants can apply at www.balletaz.org or may submit a letter of interest, resume and contact information to Human Resources via e-mail to [email protected] Please note that telephone calls will NOT be accepted.