Who we are:
Scottsdale Arts was established in 1987 as a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) and has evolved into an organization with four dynamic operating branches that span the visual and performing arts. Through its four branches, Scottsdale Arts offers diverse, high-quality arts experiences to hundreds of thousands of Scottsdale residents and visitors annually in addition to fostering the active engagement of government, business, education, and the private sector in the arts.
What we offer:
Great company culture. Flexible and remote work available, we embrace work/life balance, DEIA is part of our strategic plan, opportunities to make meaningful change, employee recognition program,
Making an Impact. Everything you do, each day makes a difference in our community.
Location. Located in the heart of downtown Scottsdale, access to Civic Center Park, old town galleries, local restaurants, live venues and more.
Rest and relaxation. Paid vacation, 9 Paid Holidays + 5 Floating Holidays
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, FSA Account, 401K with employer match, Pet Healthcare, Gym Membership, Reciprocal membership with NARM and Local arts and culture organizations + 1 membership to share, Discounted tickets to events.
Opportunities for Growth. Mindset of internal growth and advancement,
Summary of Position:
Are you looking to make an impact on diverse communities through creative public art experiences? Do you have a passion for the visual public arts and community events? Do you have experience with major events, working with vendors, contractors, city staff, and technical programming? Do you have a passion for facilitating experiences for students, families, and adults that ignite excitement in our community? If so, then we are looking for you! Come join the Canal Convergence team at Scottsdale Arts as the Canal Convergence Events Coordinator.
Canal Convergence is a ten-day, immersive public art event that is free to the public and takes place around the Scottsdale Waterfront canal annually in November.
Important Details to Know:
· Compensation: Range $19 – $22/ hour DOE
· Shift/Hours: 40 hours per week, evenings & weekends required during Canal Convergence event dates, and some evenings and weekends as needed throughout the year.
· Job Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Benefits Available
· Location: Scottsdale, AZ
· Covid: We require all employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted. Accommodation can be made for those with medical exemption and strongly held religious beliefs.
If you need assistance or accommodations during the recruitment process, please reach out to us at [email protected]
Here is what you will get to do:
· You will collaborate with Canal Convergence team members to produce and implement successful Canal Convergence Events.
· You will work with contractors, vendors, sponsors, program partners, and Scottsdale Arts team members to develop event load-in and load-out plans and well as day-to-day event coordination for a premier international art event, including but not limited to site planning, permits, security, street closures, and supplies/equipment.
· You will work with City staff to ensure compliance with venue information and requirements, public safety, event safety, and liquor control for the event.
· You will coordinate and implement Canal Convergence food and drink operations with Scottsdale Arts staff, including procurement of food and beverages vendors, liquor license and food truck planning.
· You will plan and implement sustainability efforts working with the City’s Solid Waste and Water divisions, contractors, and Scottsdale Arts team members.
· You will get to participate in the artwork planning and selection process.
· You will work with the hiring and training of event staff to ensure that our team presents a welcoming and inviting event to a diverse community.
· You will work with Scottsdale Arts marketing and communications staff to create and review website content, signage, print collateral, etc.
· Most importantly, you’ll work with a functional team that values collaboration, creativity, and each member’s unique contribution.
Not only do we provide a great benefits package, but we also value the importance of working together as a team to make a meaningful contribution to our community.
Here is what you will need to be successful:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field (combination of education and experience to equal 4 years acceptable)
· 1 – 2 years of experience and/or training related to field
· Must exhibit excellent judgment and flexibility
· Friendly positive attitude and ability to engage with the public (you represent the event to our community!)
· Ability to collaborate with vendors, city staff, etc.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Informative writing skills and the ability to write routine reports and correspondence
· Familiarity with event planning, municipal requirements and processes
· Must be able to perform math functions, interpret graphs, sites and maps as needed for duties.
· Demonstrated aptitude to apply common sense understanding and to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and technical instructions
· Ability to creatively and calmly problem-solve and trouble-shoot by defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions under pressure at times
· Strong communication skills both written and verbal including public speaking in small groups
· Ability to work in an outdoor environment, with possible exposure to inclement weather, and exposure to walks on the canal bank. You will be required to stand on a frequent basis, as well as walking, sitting, kneeling, squatting, lifting 45+ lbs, exposure to moving mechanisms and high, precarious places (over 8 feet), and may occasionally work on the canal (waterway floating platforms/dock floats)
· Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
Bonus if you possess the following:
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
· Bilingual Skills
· First Aid/CPR certification
· Use of operations for scissor lift, forklift and aerial lifts (training can be provided)
Organization/Company: Scottsdale Arts Website: http://www.scottsdalearts.org Location: Scottsdale, AZ Deadline: Open until filled How to Apply: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1673018/Scottsdale-Cultural-Council/Canal-Convergence-Events-Coordinator