Do you have a passion for art education and community engagement? Do you have experience designing innovative and creative learning experiences? Come join the Scottsdale Arts Learning & Innovation (SALI) team.
Scottsdale Arts is one of the largest multidisciplinary arts organizations in Arizona and is situated on a campus in downtown Scottsdale that includes the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art and the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts. This position plays an active role in the administration of programs for schools and special interest groups that occur in spaces on campus.
Working within a team, and reporting to the Curator of Education, the Campus Engagement Coordinator facilitates and assists in the delivery of programming that advances the mission of Scottsdale Arts by providing opportunities for the community to meaningfully engage in the arts. The successful candidate will play a key role in expanding school field trips at SMoCA and the Center, administering and coordinating our Memory Lounge program, and co-leading museum visitor engagement with our staff and docents.
Examples of Key Duties:
• Design and implement educational programming related to assigned portfolio, taking into consideration audience needs, program mission, and outcomes desired.
• Focus on educational field trip experiences in the visual and performing arts.
• Continually strive for creative approaches to arts-based education, with a specific focus on schools and adults; make pro-active recommendations related to changes to programs in order to maximize positive results.
• Contract, supervise, and/or coach teaching artists, on-call staff, and volunteers. Specific attention will be given to the recruitment, training, supervision, and scheduling of the SMoCA docent program.
• Monitor program results through feedback mechanisms, evaluations, attendance statistics, and surveying.
• Design meaningful experiences in collaboration with internal and external partners.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in related field. Master’s degree and/or current Arizona teaching accreditation preferred. Minimum 3 years of related experience including adult education, volunteer management, teaching in a classroom setting, arts administration, or any combination. Full time position, benefits eligible.
Organization/Company: Scottsdale Arts Website: https://www.scottsdalearts.org Location: Scottsdale, AZ Deadline: 11/29/2019 How to Apply: Apply via link: https://sccarts.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/697371e2-a1cf-728e-8c9a-11536060e873/apply?source=1173681-CS-20610