The Box Office Manager manages the operations of all ticket sales including the implementation and maintenance of customer database. The Box Office Manager works to maximize ticket sales, increase and maintain customer loyalty, perform financial reporting functions and perform all data analysis. The Box Office Manager must be able to think strategically; be proactive and assertive; and manage staff through effective customer service, accurate transactions, strong leadership and clear communications.
Responsibilities Include but are Not Limited to:
- Manages Box Office employees, including seasonal help, while staying within a strict budget both at office and performance venue.
- Works directly with Tessitura to set up all events (single, subscription, parking, and other as requested) and discounts.
- Creatively assesses BAZ ticketing needs with a focus on accurate reporting of patron data; recommends, selects, and helps locate appropriate solutions based on customer needs and desires.
- Produces accurate daily sales reports and reconciles with Finance.
- Oversees all aspects of ticketing including subscription, single ticket and group sales, complimentary tickets, gift certificates, third party resale, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Establishes ticketing and event control procedures to minimize risk to the organization.
- Runs the box office with a high degree of customer service orientation so as to maintain excellent public relations with patrons.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related experience in database management, preferably Tessitura.
- 3 + years of Box office/ticketing managerial experience.
- Proven record of outstanding customer service.
- Excellent speech clarity and active listening skills.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Able to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays required.
- Experience with demand pricing, social media marketing and promotions is preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
Organization/Company: Ballet Arizona Website: http://balletaz.org Location: Phoenix, AZ Deadline: 09/30/2019 How to Apply: Applicants must submit a letter of interest, resume and contact information to Human Resources, 2835 E Washington St, Phoenix, Arizona 85034 or via e-mail to [email protected] Application Deadline: This position is open until filled.