Reporting to and working closely with the Director of the School, the Teacher agrees to fulfill the following responsibilities in appropriate ways consistent with the established artistic standards of the Ballet Arizona.
Compensation for the Teaching Position includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
1. Adhere to all company attendance policies
2. Teach dance classes as scheduled; and be available as a substitute teacher.
3. Record attendance for each class, following School procedure.
4. Observe School classes other than Employee’s own.
5. Provide choreography for The School of Ballet Arizona, as requested by the School Director. Complete all choreography in a timely manner.
6. Participate in School of Ballet Arizona as well as Ballet Arizona productions that involve School students. Included are auditions, rehearsals, dress rehearsals, performances.
7. Attend School staff meetings as required by the School Director.
8. Prepare first and second semester student evaluations. Attend related student conferences as necessary. Provide letters of recommendations as necessary.
9. Participate in enrichment programs, such as leading or participating in School workshops as scheduled by the School Director.
10. Be available for promotional events including but not limited to radio, television and newspaper interviews, including speaking and use of photos for publicity purposes.
11. Be available for costume and ballet shoe consultations.
12. Attend School parent orientation activities.
Additional Responsibilities for Teachers in the ASA Dance Program (if applicable) include the following:
1. Provide an Arizona fingerprint clearance card to the ASA Dance Program Manager.
2. Record attendance for each class, following ASA procedures, and follow appropriate attendance call-in procedures.
3. Attend “In-Service” days on campus during the school year. First year teachers are required to attend the “New Arts Teachers” meetings. Administrative compensation rate will apply.
4. Attend ASA staff meetings as scheduled by the ASA Dance Program Manager. Administrative compensation rate will apply.
5. Read and respond to program update emails sent from the Dance Program Manager on a weekly basis. Contact the ASA Dance Program Manager for clarification as needed.
6. Provide choreography for the ASA Dance Program, as requested by the Dance Program Manager.
7. Follow required grading procedures and provide students’ grades in a timely manner in coordination with the Dance Program Manager.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Experienced ballet teacher with several years of work experience in a professional ballet company or school of dance.
Organization/Company: Ballet Arizona
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: Application Procedure:
• Applicants must submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information to Human Resources, 2835 E Washington St, Phoenix, Arizona 85034 or via e-mail to HR@balletaz.org.
• Application Deadline: The review of applications is ongoing. This position is open until filled.