2018-19 Auditorium Manager – Paradise Valley Unified School District
Hours: 12 Months/8 Hours per Day
Salary: Grade 17; $15.26 per Hour
Start Date: May 13, 2019
The job of Auditorium Manager is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the educational process with specific responsibilities for managing assigned auditoriums; providing technical theater experience to staff; maintaining facilities; coordinating custodial and maintenance services; overseeing assigned personnel; and providing information to others.
1. Collaborates with internal and external personnel (e.g. equipment liaison, administration, etc.) for the purpose of implementing and/or maintaining services and programs.
2. Conducts routine inspections of mechanical and electrical systems (e.g. lights, soundboards, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring all equipment is in proper working condition and ready for use.
3. Coordinates with district personnel (e.g. technical personnel, custodial crews, production staff, etc.) for the purpose of implementing and maintaining services and/or programs.
4.Facilitates meetings for the purpose of identifying appropriate actions, developing recommendations, supporting other staff, and serving as a District representative.
5. Inspects custodial work for the purpose of ensuring site safety, maintaining cleaning standards, organizing and scheduling needed maintenance.
6. Maintains a variety of documents (e.g. work schedules, event schedules, inventory lists, etc.) for the purpose of providing up to date information.
7. Manages auditoriums for the purpose of maintaining facilities in a clean, safe and secure manner; and ensuring their usage within established time frames.
8. Participates in meetings, workshops and seminars for the purpose of conveying and gathering information regarding a wide variety of subjects required to carry out their administrative responsibilities.
9. Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. reports, work orders, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, authorizing action and/or conveying information.
10. Responds to a variety of inquiries for the purpose of identifying the relevant issues and recommending or implementing a plan of action that will efficiently resolve the issue including emergency repairs.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform single, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipment including utilizing pertinent software applications; planning and managing projects; developing effective working relationships.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: computerized light and sound operations; mechanical systems unique to auditoriums; and audio, video and lighting design; theater and event management.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events; gather and/or collate data; and consider a variety of factors when using equipment. Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined and similar processes; and operate equipment using a variety of standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is moderate to significant. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; working as part of a team; dealing with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods; directing other persons within a small work unit; utilization of resources from other work units may be required to perform the job’s functions. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some climbing and balancing, frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 30% sitting, 30% walking, and 40% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Experience: Job related experience is required.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Online Driver Training Certification Driver’s License & Evidence of Insurability
Primary Location: 15002 N. 32nd Street . Phoenix, AZ 85032
Shift Type: 1.0 FTE
Organization/Company: Paradise Valley Unified School District
Location: Phoenix, AZ
How to Apply: Employment application and a list of required materials is available online at: